View Poll Results: What is the dumbest part of the TCH?
The fact that the fuel refill door can be opened while driving
3.33%
The location of the ECO button
55.56%
The difficulty required to use the AUX MP3 plug
11.11%
Other, please let us know
21.11%
Nothing, I think my TCH is perfect!
8.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

What is the dumbest part of the TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What is the dumbest part of the TCH?

Non-hybrids can benefit from ECO mode.
I believe my 96 Avalon had one.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haroldo
They super duper fully loaded version of the Camry is called Lexus ES300.
If they had an ES in Hybrid then yes, but they don't. Don't like the GS, and the LS is way way way out of my price range. What I was disappointed in not having (besides memory seats is a standard backup cam when I bought it with Nav).

I vote for the inability for a passenger to change / add destinations to the NAV while the car is in motion.

Yeah yeah, I know, there are hacks, but here's a kicker. Did you know, without the hack, this even applies to emergency locations. So lets say I need to get to the closest hospital ASAP. I would need to stop the car and then select the closest hospital? I think that is just wrong. Not just hospital, but police also. If there were a road rage nutsoid coming after me, I want to be able to get to the nearest police station without stopping!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:50 PM

I think the dumbest part is requiring the trip A odometer to be displayed when resetting the "Maintenance Required" message. This also resets the the Trip A odometer to zero. It would have been just as easy to have the regular odometer be displayed during this reset....just DUMB!

Old 07-08-2008, 12:59 PM

I'll throw in the fact that the car beeps when you did something wrong, requiring you to guess what you did...instead of the using the nice phone lady and having her say, "...hey Bozo, you left the keys in the car, do you want someone to steal your car?..." or "...turn off the lights, jerkazoid, or you'll have a dead battery" (I assume that they'll have a NY-area version of the car and a non-NY-area version that would be a little bit more polite)

Last edited by haroldo; 07-08-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nyc2socal
If they had an ES in Hybrid then yes, but they don't. Don't like the GS, and the LS is way way way out of my price range. What I was disappointed in not having (besides memory seats is a standard backup cam when I bought it with Nav).

I vote for the inability for a passenger to change / add destinations to the NAV while the car is in motion.

Yeah yeah, I know, there are hacks, but here's a kicker. Did you know, without the hack, this even applies to emergency locations. So lets say I need to get to the closest hospital ASAP. I would need to stop the car and then select the closest hospital? I think that is just wrong. Not just hospital, but police also. If there were a road rage nutsoid coming after me, I want to be able to get to the nearest police station without stopping!
Isnt police listed in the "emergency" section that is not locked while driving? I thought it was (I know Toyota dealer is...lol)
PS whats a nutsoid?

Old 07-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

A warm weather perspective. It should have the rear window sunscreen like the XLE. Might help reduce demand on the AC. P.S. I run ECO all the time....except when some strange control sequences nix it....and then the eco button location is definitely an annoyance.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Driving in stealth mode

Originally Posted by tbone526
I'm not a car designer either, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

Actually, I would guess the issue there is they probably use the same HVAC controls for ALL Camry's. Then they just add the ECO button separately to the hybrid versions.
Funny!

They could have added the eco button to the steering wheel near the voice activation button maybe.

I still don't have a problem with where it is though. I think they could have easily added memory seats.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by McGyver
I cannot believe that no one has yet mentioned the freaking legal disclaimer and hold harmless agreement that you have to digitally sign by way of the "I AGREE" button on the MFD/NAV at every start up.
The latest version of the NAV disk (version 7.1 I believe) no longer has this annoying feature.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raven77
Isnt police listed in the "emergency" section that is not locked while driving? I thought it was (I know Toyota dealer is...lol)
PS whats a nutsoid?
My TCH is still in the shop (over 2 months so far.. sigh), but I seem to remember my wife testing it out (she was in the passenger seat), and could not select the closest emergency destination (whether hospital or police)...

Nutsoid.. well, it might be a word I made up?... mainly a Nut andROID? Or maybe a Nut on Steroids?

Old 07-09-2008, 04:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

I went with the ECO button location as it would address two of the listed survey items for me. If the ECO button wasn't located where it is I wouldn't care about a gas door interlock since I wouldn't be feeling around that area for the ECO button...

Quick Reply: What is the dumbest part of the TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands