View Poll Results: What is the dumbest part of the TCH?
The fact that the fuel refill door can be opened while driving
3.33%
The location of the ECO button
55.56%
The difficulty required to use the AUX MP3 plug
11.11%
Other, please let us know
21.11%
Nothing, I think my TCH is perfect!
8.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

What is the dumbest part of the TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What is the dumbest part of the TCH?

Toyota has factory fogs on other parts of the Camry line - SE for example, and they're 'standard' on the XLE. It's just that they're not available on the TCH.
I stand corrected...not my first mistake, wont be my last!

Old 07-08-2008, 05:04 AM

Wow...it seems that >8% of members actually like where the ECO button is located.

Nothing, I think my TCH is perfect! 2 votes 8.70%

Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 AM

I'm one of the 8.70%. I voted that way because although I agree with and largely sympathize with many of the complaints people have made, I still feel that this car is dramatically better than any other car I've ever owned. The pluses so far outweight the minuses, that I can't make myself actually complain.

OK, I lied. The one thing I have to complain about is specific to the Canadian TCH (so it's not really a TCH complaint): The NAV system on the Canadian 2007 model year did not come with the Hybrid-specific screens. I think that's a major ripoff - especially since the dealer did not disclose that up front, and all of the literature showed those hybrid energy screens.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

Have to agree with jmonti on the MPG gauge. it is simply unusable to calculate trip mileage.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Originally Posted by haroldo
Wow...it seems that >8% of members actually like where the ECO button is located.
I think the button location is fine. I think I have had to push it 2 times in 130 days of ownership. It's kind of like a Ron Popeil device....set it and forget it!

Honestly I don't have any complaints about the vehicle except that I am addicted to driving it.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by coolshock1
I think the button location is fine. I think I have had to push it 2 times in 130 days of ownership. It's kind of like a Ron Popeil device....set it and forget it!...
I don't remember the specific instances, but, the ECO function is cancelled if the temperature is manually set too high (or low) or some other function.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Yep I believe it changes when certain manual changes are made such as changing it to blow out of certain vents like the windshield vents when you defrost\defog the windshield. I have only done this once. I usually just use the auto setting and adjust the temp to adjust the fan speed.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

I do wonder about the placement of the ECO button. I can understand tucking the fuel door button down low like that, but there's a perfectly good open space about 6 inches higher (over the mirror controls if I recall correctly) where the ECO button could have fit nicely.

While they're at it, an EV button would work pretty well there too!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 AM

I'm not a car designer, but wouldn't it make sense to have the ECO button be constructed as part of the HVAC controls...or am I an idiot?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haroldo
I'm not a car designer, but wouldn't it make sense to have the ECO button be constructed as part of the HVAC controls...or am I an idiot?
I'm not a car designer either, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

Actually, I would guess the issue there is they probably use the same HVAC controls for ALL Camry's. Then they just add the ECO button separately to the hybrid versions.

Quick Reply: What is the dumbest part of the TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands