'06 HAH commercial

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default '06 HAH commercial

While at the dealer this morning, I saw a commercial for the '06 HAH. Some guy gets in his HAH, drives down a country road, all the while little cartoon character animals are following him. When he gets to his office and gets out of his car, the tree next to him hugs him (reverse tree hugging?). Then the commercial goes on to say nature will thank you for driving a hybrid.

Who was their focus group?! Between the two HCH commercials and now the HAH commercial, I wonder who their target audience is.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: '06 HAH commercial

I haven't seen the HAH commerical yet, but it sounds similar to that HCH with the cartoon balloons of flowers etc coming out of the people in the car. Sooo cheesy! On the other hand, I saw a commercial for the Toyota hybrids last night and I actually liked it. There are people in the beginning taking in deep breaths and the narrator talks about the air being cleaner. Then they pan out to the Hybrid Highlander and Prius. It was simple and effective, without being as corny as the Honda commercials.

Oh well, I still love my HAH!

Old 09-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '06 HAH commercial

ahhh, but you thought it offbeat enough to actually comment about it. That's the point- it stuck in your head exactly because it was not a normal car commercial.

It'll stick in someone's head who otherwise would not have known about the HAH/HCH, and maybe pique their interest further...

Offbeat is good sometimes, when everything else is homogeneous. Doesn't have to make sense, just be mildly amusing or odd enough to be remembered.