2006 HCH TV commercial - seen it yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default 2006 HCH TV commercial - seen it yet?

I just noticed last night Honda is running a 2006 HCH TV commercial. I was watching Fox and I caught the END of the commercial TWICE but did not see the actual commercial or what they showed of the car.

Anyone seen it yet?

Old 09-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Default Re: 2006 HCH TV commercial - seen it yet?

Hi Lars-ss:

___The one where the Civic Si is jumping from building to building and riding the side of them like a race car at Talladega? I saw it last night and I was not impressed

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 09-21-2005, 09:12 AM

The comercial i saw was stupid. It had a family in a car talking with "ballons" coming from there mouth. Like a comic strip but with imagry instead of words. REally lame, then at the last moment of the comercial you see the car.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:16 AM

I saw some commercial with some flowery tree-hugging crap in it...

Old 09-21-2005, 02:14 PM

That be the one. Really lame.

All they need to do is create a comercial with a camera on people at the pump and film their reactions as they are pouring gas into the car and the pump spinning up a rediculous amount of money owed. Then show hybrid pull in to clean the windows alone... haha.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:18 PM

I thought it was a pretty weak commercial. Very sedate and "green" with flowers and butterflies. Also, I think the car looks a little squished. I'm not sure I like the exterior after having seen the car in action.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

its stupid...but atleast its getting some air time. I agree, making a commercial w/SUV drivers at a gas station and then showing the HCH would be perfect.

2006 HCH - IT HAS BEGUN!!

Old 09-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Kinda wish I had cable now. Keep in mind exposure is good exposure; at least they're throwing a campaign out there, where is already almost more than what I can say for the 2005 HCH.

Old 09-22-2005, 03:42 PM

I disagree that any exposure is good exposure. If you make the car look like something only a stoned hippie would drive... or only a soccer mom would drive... or only a young person would drive... the exposure could have a negative effect.

What you need to do is, as some people noted: make it a car that everyone except those people who like paying $60 to fill their tanks up would drive... not unlike the old commercial where it was the hybrid in an old-west style show-down with the gas pump.

Then it doesn't matter whether you're 17 or 75, male or female, gay or straight, republican or democrat. Everyone can relate to not liking to fill up the tank.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by stevejust

What you need to do is, as some people noted: make it a car that everyone except those people who like paying $60 to fill their tanks up would drive...

Then it doesn't matter whether you're 17 or 75, male or female, gay or straight, republican or democrat. Everyone can relate to not liking to fill up the tank.
Your last sentence is dead on: we all say what we will about H2s but do you think those owners or any other actually like paying huge $ to fill up whatever it is they drive? No, you can't say Honda should market a Hybrid as a car that everyone will want except those who like spending money at the pumps b/c I don't care who you are - nobody likes spending money at the pumps. That said, the more people that realize, through cheesy commerials or other, that an HCH will help relieve that problem, the better.

Quick Reply: 2006 HCH TV commercial - seen it yet?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands