HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Intermittent Wipers Change

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 01:05 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Unhappy Intermittent Wipers Change

I'm having a unusual problem with my intermittent wipers. At the slower speeds sometimes it sweeps once (should do this) - BUT sometimes it will sweep 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 Xs in a row. It also will occassionally stop in the wide open (goal post) position when I turn the car off. I've also noticed that sometimes the wipers stop with one on top of the other, and both stick up a few inches on the windshield (in between sweeps with wipers still on). Any one else experienced any of these problems?

Thanks,

Old 11-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Intermittent Wipers Change

I haven't had much opportunity to use the wipers, but from the few times I have used them, I don't recall them operating this way. Sounds to me like there is a problem.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I haven't experienced this in my car. Sounds like you should have the dealer take a look at it since it is under warranty.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I haven't experienced the wipers sticking in the GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! position but there is a feature when the wipers are on the Intermittent setting and set to either the fastest speed or the next-fastest speed. This feature is that when you are driving the wipers clear at maximum Intermittent speed until you slow down to a stop or an Auto-Stop and then the wipers stop or wipe every 5 seconds or so. THEN, once you take your foot off the brake the wipers clear the windshield once until you get up to a little speed and then they clear at max Intermittent speed again. I like this feature. Good luck on your wipers though and let us know what the fix is.