Tahoe style Hybrid selling well

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Tahoe style Hybrid selling well

Hi Everyone. I took a quick look at www.hybridcars.com and GM has been selling an average of 1000 units total between the Tahoe, Yukon and Escalade. That is very good for a vehicle in this price range considering the current economic climate. GM might end up with over 10% of the total hybrid market this year as more 2 mode hybrids in different models become available. Ford will definitely get 10% of the market with the intro of the Fusion and Milan. I'm thinking Honda will end up with about 20-30%. By 2011, the US auto manufacters could have a very signifant piece of the Hybrid and Electric pie!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:12 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default thats good to hear...

This is a new technology requiring a "buy in" by the public in order to be successful. I am one of those new buyers as after several months of research I came to the conclusion that GM is on the right track for this interim technology (hydrogen is the future but its still years out) I have been VERY impressed with my Yukon so far and I have typically owned only high end European cars in the past so I am pretty picky. My Yukon is in the shop right now (for the second time) to fix a stall/ no restart problem that is related to the wiring harness in the transmission. Hopefully this will solve my problem and I'm not ready to give up on the car yet as I still really like the way it works (except when its borked!) I'll stick with it for now as every new technology has some de-bugging required especially when computers, software and hardware all have to work together.