Time to accesorize!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 12:01 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Time to accesorize! UPDATE

I bought one of these
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ds-pics-21333/
And it came today. It is VERY NICE and of a VERY HIGH QUALITY so if you were worried about getting something like this HAVE NO FEAR!
Thanks Jason! very nice indeed! I'm going to have the dealer install it this afternoon since its in service due to a no run issue (strike 2) 2 more and it can be lemoned although I don't really want to do that kind of thing unless I'm certain the car is bad, but its kind of disconcerting to have everything go dead while you are driving down the road. Brakes and PS work so control is not an issue its just totally dead otherwise. They claim its a wiring harness in the transmission according to GM so parts are on the way, I guess time will tell but I still really like the Yukon....

Exhaust is on and I am VERY PLEASED! it has a slightly louder burble at idle but sounds quite nice. I cant figure the reason for eliminating the spare as that resonator has to weigh 50 lbs! its huge! Also the wiring harness seems to have solved the mysterious intermittent issue but time will tell on this. The one difference I have noticed is that both times it shut down it seemed confused as to what it wanted to choose between modes. So far it hasn't done this at all.
THANKS AGAIN JASON! and if you want to clean up your looks a bit and add a dash of flair, buy one of these exhausts...or better yet don't then my car will be "special"! lol

Last edited by jet1; 04-17-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Time to accesorize!

The pics alone looked nice, glad to hear that it lives up to the billing.

Keep us posted on the repair. I'm dealing with a local shop on an 08 4wd used with a little over 10k miles. How many miles do you have on your Yukon? Just wondering how long it took before this issue started to surface.

Thanks.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:48 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default the yukon is fine...

Originally Posted by macdracer
The pics alone looked nice, glad to hear that it lives up to the billing.

Keep us posted on the repair. I'm dealing with a local shop on an 08 4wd used with a little over 10k miles. How many miles do you have on your Yukon? Just wondering how long it took before this issue started to surface.

Thanks.
they replaced a wiring harness in the trans. Mine is a very early (jan 08) build car and they had a problem with some of the very early wiring harnesses in the hybrid gear box due to a faulty crimp. They showed me the GM info sheet.
It was fixed without incident other than having to wait for parts. The car has 4k on it and 3k of that was done by my wife who took it on a trip 4 days after I got it (thats not fair!) It never acted up at all and this intermittent problem has happened only twice to me. I'm comfortable that it is resolved and I still really like the technology this car has to offer. 20 mpg or better in town is really hard to beat in a vehicle this size.
I have to take it back in on friday to have them install the exhaust as I got there too late when picking it up but thats no big deal.
Ill try to get a pic or 2 of the install if they let me in the shop.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:44 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: Time to accesorize!

bump updated