Not sure what to do

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 01:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Not sure what to do

When driving my 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 hybrid the truck like studders. It’s hard to explain my mechanic said it seems like the hybrid system is trying to over take the gas system. The truck I bought December 2022 and it began having issues shortly after purchase. Checked codes after light came on I popped up with 5 codes
P061B
P0BBD
P0AC4
P0430
P0420
Could any of these codes be the cause? It’s almost like the truck is surging.

Old 06-03-2023, 07:33 PM
???
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Not sure what to do

how many miles and what's been done to it?

follow this thread and confirm the battery is toast. that P0BBD is a good sign, but worth confirming if you want.
https://electricvehicleforums.com/fo...results-31736/

these trucks runs like crap when the battery is shot.

Old 06-06-2023, 01:48 PM
Enthusiast

I agree with the previous poster. This is exactly what my truck did. There are several threads on here if you want to use torque to take battery block data but what it will show is that some of your battery blocks (2 cells) have little or no capacity left and their voltages drop to the floor before other blocks causing a pack variation that disables the electric drive (hence the jerk). I rebuilt my battery using Innocar Steel Prismatics from Aliexpress or alibaba. They have double the rated discharge discharge rate of the panasonic prius cells (OEM) therefore theoretically should seem like they have more capacity to the circuitry since they won't drop under load. ...but their chinese cells so not sure what kind of real performance I am getting. It definitely runs in Autostop WWWWAAAY longer then it EVER did since I owned it. 6 months so far so good, at some point I'll get some time and take some measurements. I have other mysteries to solve first. I rebuilt the battery with new cells which was really simple a few hours (but 2 months to get the cells) vs. going with a greenbean or other refurb with cells that are likely 2/3 or 1/2 capacity. I think total cost out the door for me with the Innocar kit with the prismatic cells was $2100, I think you can get the jelly roll modules for $1600, but I've read that people don't think they have the nameplate capacity they are advertised to have. ...but other then that from all my research I've never heard anyone say they didn't work pretty well even so...

Old 09-17-2023, 11:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

How did you work it out after all ?

Last edited by chima lecci; 09-17-2023 at 06:07 PM.