2009 chevy hybrid, "Service Hybrid System"

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 01:02 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2009 chevy hybrid, "Service Hybrid System"

I have a 2009 chevy hybrid mode 2
on day the truck ran fine and the next morning it would not start. The dash shows a "Service Hybrid System" indicator.
And a "Calibrating, Drive in Circle" indicator. I have changed the 12v battery, checked fuses, checked voltage to hybrid battery and cleared codes but the truck will not start.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 chevy hybrid, "Service Hybrid System"

At any time have you checked your DTCs, or are you looking for random guesses?

If I had to guess, it's your Turbo Encabulator.

Old 11-19-2020, 05:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Here i have a guess. Just for grins and giggles use your actual key to lock and unlock the drivers side door and that may reset the theft deterrent system.

Old 07-03-2023, 07:11 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Gilreath. Did you fix your Tahoe problem? [ Service hybrid system]
I have a similar problem. My Tahoe do this only in hot temperatures and would not start until vehicle cools down. No codes on computer.
I will appreciate any info about this.

Old 07-26-2023, 08:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

How did you sort it out ?

Last edited by chima lecci; 07-27-2023 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-29-2023, 06:04 PM
Enthusiast

It has not done it again, and there are no codes on the computer. I hope it keeps going like this.

Old 11-17-2023, 05:09 PM
Custom painter/veh restor

Would the high voltage crash impact detection sensor cause cause the service hybrid system code after a rear impact? I have a 2009 Tahoe 2x that was rear ended with no damage because of the 3 way tow hitch. But since the accident, the truck has been cutting off, not starting, saying service traction control, service 4wheel drive, service power steering, and service hybrid system. And it seems as if the transmission slips when I get off in the gas. Should this be part of my insurance claim ?

Old 11-18-2023, 05:31 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

100% should be part of the insurance claim. depending on the options you have, there can be a lot of modules back there, all on the canbus. if those harnesses are damaged, you can get all kinds of codes because nothing can talk to each other on the network.

as for the crash code, if that is set I believe it won't start or run at all until it's cleared with a high level scanner.

atleast that's what I get from reading threads about it. if the crash code is set, it should be a no start.

Old 11-19-2023, 05:54 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jc2009
Hi Gilreath. Did you fix your Tahoe problem? [ Service hybrid system]
I have a similar problem. My Tahoe do this only in hot temperatures and would not start until vehicle cools down. No codes on computer.
I will appreciate any info about this.
Have to checked your high voltage battery max temps?

My gut tells me that your cooling fan has an airflow issue, your system seems to be preventing you from baking your battery.

Old 11-19-2023, 06:06 AM
Enthusiast

This has worked for me.

Ignition off, key out, doors locked.
Disconnect 12V battery
Connect positive and negative 12V battery cables together for a minute, to drain power from all capacitors and reset PCM's.

Go have lunch or enjoy a cold one while pondering your options, (things like , has my AAA been renewed , I wonder how busy they are, etc) whatever you do, don't rush it, or freak yourself out googling worst case scenarios.

Disconnect pos and neg 12v cables from each other .
Reconnect pos them neg to your 12 V. Battery terminals.
Unlock truck with key.
Turn truck on, wait a min for it to do all it's checks, then start it.

​​​​​​This will not work if you have actual defective parts or your fan is not properly able to cool your battery of course.

good luck
Jaco

Originally Posted by Gilreath
I have a 2009 chevy hybrid mode 2
on day the truck ran fine and the next morning it would not start. The dash shows a "Service Hybrid System" indicator.
And a "Calibrating, Drive in Circle" indicator. I have changed the 12v battery, checked fuses, checked voltage to hybrid battery and cleared codes but the truck will not start.

Last edited by Mishipeshu; 11-20-2023 at 07:19 AM. Reason: remove erroneous info

Quick Reply: 2009 chevy hybrid, "Service Hybrid System"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands