Ford Motor Company Ford, Mazda and Mercury hybrids

F150 Hybrids?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 05:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default F150 Hybrids?

I was surprised to see this popular vehicle not represented here. I came looking for some technical information on my new truck. There doesn't seem to be much technical analysis on it.

Old 10-16-2021, 06:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: F150 Hybrids?

Originally Posted by Rex B
I was surprised to see this popular vehicle not represented here. I came looking for some technical information on my new truck. There doesn't seem to be much technical analysis on it.
I don't think anyone has done the work yet. I've seen another forum and it's people full of surprise talk and "how do I diagnose this?" and "why did all my electronics stop working because of a cracked taillight lens?" and "I've burned a quart of oil in 2000 miles with my new truck, can I drive it another 4,000 miles to the 6k change interval without any problems?"

It seems like a lot of people are trying to do basic things like figure out what they're driving. I don't usually like picking on people, but this was one of the stupidest things I've ever read:

"First 6.5 box or 5.5 box? We currently have a 2018 2.7 Ecoboost with a 6.5 box and super cab. Since the PB comes with Crewcab that will add an extra foot. Or we loose lovely space that we are accustomed to. Second question, Moonroof or no? All my cars have had moonroofs these past 20+ years and I would miss it."

So "Mostlyok" already basically knows the answers to her own questions, but has decided she needs input from an internet forum where people always give good answers to make her even more confused.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thre...uestions.6235/

Good luck!

Last edited by AlexK; 10-16-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hailey grace
Is is electric ??

It is a true hybrid, comparable to a Prius, FEH or the Fusion hybrids. It switches to electric drive when conditions allow.

Old 03-19-2024, 10:43 AM
Enthusiast

I don't think anyone has done the work yet. I've seen another forum and it's people full of surprise talk and "how do I diagnose this?" and "why did all my electronics stop working because of a cracked taillight lens?" and "I've burned a quart of oil in 2000 miles with my new truck, can I drive it another 4,000 miles to the 6k change interval without any problems?"

Last edited by DeanMassye; 03-19-2024 at 10:54 AM.