Ford Motor Company Ford, Mazda and Mercury hybrids

2008 Ford escape hybrid wont crank

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 10:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2008 Ford escape hybrid wont crank

I have my 2008 ford escape hybrid 4wd 2.3 l automatic, it ran and drove perfectly fine, but would not start one day so i took it to an electrician who tested it turned out to be the dc converter, replaced it reset it it was fine, i drove it for 6-8 months no issues, recently i switch the hyrbid fuse to the service part because i repaired the rust in the quarter panels (needed welding thats why) when i put the fuse back in its normal lock mode it was is the car would not start, doesrnt crank or turn on at all, all lights come up, red security light, red triangle and engine light on, no wrench light, it was running and driving perfect before any help?
i tried pressing the button on the side, i tried boosting it with another car, nothing!

Last edited by Baris; 04-24-2020 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Ford escape hybrid wont crank

I’d check the starter connections make sure that it hasn’t wiggled itself free while you were driving before. If it won’t click, and you AREgetting lights Speed Test my next guess would be the starter connections or the starter itself. A car that age it’s not uncommon for the solenoid to get stuck and not even click out

Last edited by sepmaret11; 09-25-2021 at 04:07 AM.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sepmaret11
I’d check the starter connections make sure that it hasn’t wiggled itself free while you were driving before. If it won’t click, and you AREgetting lights my next guess would be the starter connections or the starter itself. A car that age it’s not uncommon for the solenoid to get stuck and not even click out
This vehicle does not have a starter or a starter solenoid.

Old 03-19-2024, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Baris
I have my 2008 ford escape hybrid 4wd 2.3 l automatic, it ran and drove perfectly fine, but would not start one day so i took it to an electrician who tested it turned out to be the dc converter, replaced it reset it it was fine, i drove it for 6-8 months no issues, recently i switch the hyrbid fuse to the service part because i repaired the rust in the quarter panels (needed welding thats why) when i put the fuse back in its normal lock mode it was is the car would not start, doesrnt crank or turn on at all, all lights come up, red security light, red triangle and engine light on, no wrench light, it was running and driving perfect before any help?
i tried pressing the button on the side, i tried boosting it with another car, nothing!
If it won’t click, and you AREgetting lights Speed Test my next guess would be the starter connections or the starter itself. A car that age it’s not uncommon for the solenoid to get stuck and not even click out

Last edited by DeanMassye; 03-19-2024 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeanMassye
If it won’t click, and you AREgetting lights Speed Test my next guess would be the starter connections or the starter itself. A car that age it’s not uncommon for the solenoid to get stuck and not even click out
Again, this vehicle does not have a starter or starter solenoid.