Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Motor Company (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-motor-company-61/)
-   -   2008 Ford escape hybrid wont crank (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-motor-company-61/2008-ford-escape-hybrid-wont-crank-32300/)

Baris 04-24-2020 10:17 PM

2008 Ford escape hybrid wont crank

I have my 2008 ford escape hybrid 4wd 2.3 l automatic, it ran and drove perfectly fine, but would not start one day so i took it to an electrician who tested it turned out to be the dc converter, replaced it reset it it was fine, i drove it for 6-8 months no issues, recently i switch the hyrbid fuse to the service part because i repaired the rust in the quarter panels (needed welding thats why) when i put the fuse back in its normal lock mode it was is the car would not start, doesrnt crank or turn on at all, all lights come up, red security light, red triangle and engine light on, no wrench light, it was running and driving perfect before any help?
i tried pressing the button on the side, i tried boosting it with another car, nothing!

sepmaret11 09-24-2021 10:41 AM

Re: 2008 Ford escape hybrid wont crank

I’d check the starter connections make sure that it hasn’t wiggled itself free while you were driving before. If it won’t click, and you AREgetting lights Speed Test my next guess would be the starter connections or the starter itself. A car that age it’s not uncommon for the solenoid to get stuck and not even click out

S Keith 09-24-2021 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by sepmaret11 (Post 273723)
I’d check the starter connections make sure that it hasn’t wiggled itself free while you were driving before. If it won’t click, and you AREgetting lights my next guess would be the starter connections or the starter itself. A car that age it’s not uncommon for the solenoid to get stuck and not even click out

This vehicle does not have a starter or a starter solenoid.

DeanMassye 03-19-2024 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Baris (Post 270392)
I have my 2008 ford escape hybrid 4wd 2.3 l automatic, it ran and drove perfectly fine, but would not start one day so i took it to an electrician who tested it turned out to be the dc converter, replaced it reset it it was fine, i drove it for 6-8 months no issues, recently i switch the hyrbid fuse to the service part because i repaired the rust in the quarter panels (needed welding thats why) when i put the fuse back in its normal lock mode it was is the car would not start, doesrnt crank or turn on at all, all lights come up, red security light, red triangle and engine light on, no wrench light, it was running and driving perfect before any help?
i tried pressing the button on the side, i tried boosting it with another car, nothing!

If it won’t click, and you AREgetting lights Speed Test my next guess would be the starter connections or the starter itself. A car that age it’s not uncommon for the solenoid to get stuck and not even click out

S Keith 03-19-2024 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by DeanMassye (Post 278003)
If it won’t click, and you AREgetting lights Speed Test my next guess would be the starter connections or the starter itself. A car that age it’s not uncommon for the solenoid to get stuck and not even click out

Again, this vehicle does not have a starter or starter solenoid.

DeanMassye 05-03-2024 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Baris (Post 270392)

If it won’t click, and you AREgetting lights my next guess would be the starter connections or the starter itself. A car that age it’s not uncommon for the solenoid to get stuck and not even click out