Anyone get a hybrid SUV on X-Plan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone get a hybrid SUV on X-Plan?

Hammonton, NJ

Old 09-06-2007, 12:57 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by teperilloux
The high volume Ford dealer in my area would not even consider A or X plan, but would do Costco pricing. The small dealer I ordered from accepted X plan.

X-plan turned out to be invoice with FDAF added in ($360). After researching, it seems the FDAF is included in X-plan pricing but not in A plan pricing.

Did anyone else who ordered X plan pay for FDAF assessment? It's a fee Ford charges dealers that they try to pass to customers, but like I mentioned, it seems to be included in all X plan pricing

X-Plan = A-Plan + 4% + $150

Old 09-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Enthusiast

did the dealer inform you why such delay or they don't really know?

Old 09-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Enthusiast

battery shortage supposedly.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teperilloux
Did anyone else who ordered X plan pay for FDAF assessment? It's a fee Ford charges dealers that they try to pass to customers, but like I mentioned, it seems to be included in all X plan pricing
If I paid it, it wasn't a line item added in. If anything, that particular advertising fee was already included in the "official" X-plan price.

As mentioned, one is only suppose to pay X-plan plus tax plus state registration/title. Nothing else. Them are the rules.

However, before getting upset, make sure that this fee wasn't first subtracted off the X-plan price quoted you, and then added back in as some sort of odd bookkeeping thing.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DLMMH
Hammonton, NJ
Have you tried heading NW to the Philly area, and seeing if any of the numerous dealers around there had one in stock?

Old 09-07-2007, 04:40 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Have you tried heading NW to the Philly area, and seeing if any of the numerous dealers around there had one in stock?
We looked as well as the dealer and there wasn't one on the whole east coast.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have had countless phone calls with people at Ford, and they said that they are producing adequate amounts for actuall demand.

Dealers all thought they had gold mine vehicles, so they put a ton of fake orders in. Ford is trying to weed those out, but some dealers have them sitting on there lots now, with no one to buy them.

Funny thing is, for the hybrid to be a good financial decision you need x-plan, and the tax credit, otherwise, its not worth the extra cash.

If someone pays sticker or higher, they have paid too much.

If you want the light blue color, or a AWD, I know of alot of them in Indiana.

FWD's are more rare.

If you have to have AWD, its likely it is a better deal to just buy the gas version.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:50 AM
08 MMH 4WD

You may need to drop by and ask them to look it up and see if a VIN has been asigned yet (plan or no plan, they are still making $ on your sale). If you do have a full vin, have then print down the screen & give it to you. Then you can go over to BlueOvalForums.com. There is a sesction where you can post your VIN and get updates on how it is progressing along. Myself I only checked once a week. After I got that it shipped on 8/31, I went back to my dealer. According to their system the Dealer ETA is next week. It does list a railcar #, but those get much harder to track by yourself!

Good luck!

Originally Posted by DLMMH
Thanks! That makes me feel a little better. I still don't have any news on our MMH. I have emailed the dealership 3 times this week and you would think it would be nice to at least update me 1 x a week and let me know if they have heard anything. Just stinks because we only have 1 vehicle at this point. Just got back from living overseas for 3 years and sold 2 vehicles over there before coming back here. Kids were not happy staying home all summer.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ICBMariner
You may need to drop by and ask them to look it up and see if a VIN has been asigned yet (plan or no plan, they are still making $ on your sale). If you do have a full vin, have then print down the screen & give it to you. Then you can go over to BlueOvalForums.com. There is a sesction where you can post your VIN and get updates on how it is progressing along. Myself I only checked once a week. After I got that it shipped on 8/31, I went back to my dealer. According to their system the Dealer ETA is next week. It does list a railcar #, but those get much harder to track by yourself!

Good luck!

Just got an email this morning from our dealer....this is what I got...."I am still waiting to here back from the regional manager. When this vehicle was ordered it was priority 10 which is (rush). I just want to reiterate that there is not anything that Hammonton Ford or myself can do about this vehicle taking so long to be built. It is out of our hands. "

grrrr Well for 1 you could actually TALK to your Regional manager!

Quick Reply: Anyone get a hybrid SUV on X-Plan?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands