Anyone get a hybrid SUV on X-Plan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Dan
MPG Centurion
Default Anyone get a hybrid SUV on X-Plan?

I'm an X-Plan member and was wondering if those deep discounts are honored at dealers for the hybrids. I read up on the rules and there are lots of qualifiers in there like "voluntary". Considering how short the supply of hybrid SUVs appears to be I was wondering if anyone can confirm the purchase of a Hybrid SUV with the X-Plan discount (ie, your dealer volunteered).

Old 09-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone get a hybrid SUV on X-Plan?

Out of all the dealers that I have tried to do something with, only one has refused x-plan.

Hybrids are not worth it, without it. Even with the tax rebate.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I got my '07 thru X-plan.

BTW, hybrids were excluded from the X-plan until early '06. There might still be some people who are remembering back to that, and aren't aware of the change.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

I bought my '08 FEH four months ago on X-Plan, even though I didn't have the appriopriate certification. I think, though, that the dealer wanted to get rid of the truck. It was in the middle of farm country; I'm guessing hybrids aren't too useful on the farm.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:51 PM
08 MMH 4WD

As others have stated, depends on the dealer. When I ordered my MMH, that dealer let me know they were not taking X-Plan orders at that time. One I spoke to on the phone basically had the same story (including the A-Plan), that it was "dealers choice" if they wanted to accept the plans or not.

Then you have some of the dealers that are adding $$$ to the sticker, so I would call around or visit the dealers in your area.

You may also want to ask what kind of volume they do in the hybrid (if you decide to order) as that may have some play in getting your vehicle sooner.

As far as X-Plan pricing, from what I have seen on one where the total base and options was $32,940, the X-Plan was $31,067. (and there are the tax-credits that you may be able to take advantage of also) and any current incentives. Also if the dealer plays by the rules, there are no add on dealer fees for a plan order.

Last edited by ICBMariner; 09-05-2007 at 12:53 PM. Reason: forgot some words
Old 09-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Enthusiast

I bought a 08 MMH in June on X-plan. I've got another one on order (no VIN yet) that will also be on X-plan through the same dealer. I'm in Houston too so you know there are a lot of dealers to choose from. Supply/popularity didn't seem to matter to them probably because I could have gone to another dealership that would take the X-plan.

Last edited by reneg; 09-05-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:41 PM
N/A

I bought on X plan in early March. Most dealers will take it. If they are not accepting it on hard-to-get vehicles they will usually tell you up front. The last thing a Ford dealer wants is to get in any trouble over X Plan and A Plan deals, as they are a good source of business and often generate referrals.

Pricing is very easy to find on existing units. Just do your searching from Fordpartner.com instead of Fordvehicles.com and X Plan pricing is displayed along with invoice and MSRP. You'll need your partner code.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ICBMariner
Also if the dealer plays by the rules, there are no add on dealer fees for a plan order.
At least to me, that is where a lot of money is saved. No add ons to pad up what initially looked like a good deal, like advertising fees and documentation fees. Just x-plan, tax, and state registration/title fees. That's it.

I know in other forums, I read other people's postings where they like to brag that they paid $1,000 under invoice for their new car, but "forget" to mention all the fees that were added on.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Got my 2008 order in July on x-plan (wife is an Apple employee) with the additional $500 Ford cash off, and a couple extra hundred off from the dealer. Good deal, but the dealer was offering a little better if you took one off the lot as equipped.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Enthusiast

We ordered ours with the x-plan. We also got the $$$ off that was offered at the time. I don't know if they will honor it now since it has been 13 weeks and I don't think that $$$ is offered, although we did sign a contract.

Quick Reply: Anyone get a hybrid SUV on X-Plan?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands