HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Error P1575 (three lights on)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 02:11 AM
Enthusiast
Default Error P1575 (three lights on)

Hey guys! I might need some help.

I have an HCH 2007 with 180k km (
111k miles) and a few months ago I started to have the IMA, engine, and 12v battery lights on. They are not there all the time and at the beginning, it was only happening from time to time and without further symptoms in the car. Nevertheless, now it’s happening quite often and I notice the now it takes a while for the ignition to starts and even while driving I can feel that the car is not working properly and I feel like the motor is losing power when the lights are on. I am afraid it is necessary to change the IMA battery but the truth is that it still seems to work reasonably well and does not discharge quickly, allowing a good fuel economy. When the lights off, I drive with 42 mpg. When the lights on, the car won't regen or assist. This behavior hasn't happened for 3 days but it has happened once a week, more or less. I'm afraid the car will shut down in progress.

Note: This IMA battery was replaced and come from an HCH 2008 with 240.000 (150kmiles) because the original IMA battery on this car drains fast. In fact, the HCH 2008 has a big crush and I bought this car for 2000€ because the CVT was damaged so I put the CVT from the crashed car in this car (HCH 2007).

Does anyone know what could be the issue? Attached images of the light error and the error code report ODBII

Old 09-12-2020, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Error P1575 (three lights on)

P1575 can be a pretty big deal for a Honda hybrid, but I don't want to jump to big, scary conclusions right away. We'll start with the easy solution - when was the last time you replaced your 12v, under the hood battery?

editing to add - also, how confident are you working on cars? I'm happy to provide the service manual steps so you can properly diagnose the issue, but it's not something I like suggesting for people who aren't comfortable working on hybrids.
​​​​​

Old 11-15-2023, 12:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Error P1575 (three lights on)

Hey, I hate to hijack this post but I'm newbie at working with forums and didn't see this post till I entered my similar problem.
I don't know how to direct you to mine but I am very comfortable trouble shooting and repairing.
Retired HVAC TECH 40yrs strong on controls and electrical. Whomever responded with offer to provide information from manuals please find my post.