View Poll Results: Toyota Owners: Would You Repeat Buy?
Yery Likely
68.97%
Likely
18.10%
I'd Give Them a Slight Preference
7.76%
I'd Prefer Another Brand
4.31%
I'd Never Get Another One
0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Would You Buy a Toyota Again?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Would You Buy a Toyota Again?

ver likely

Old 09-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast

I've (been) was a Chrysler man my whole life, and my dad was a Chrysler mechanic for 20+ years, It was hard for me to buy a Toyota, but after seeing and driving our TCH, I said "why can't American cars be built like this".

If the Big three can't keep up, then they need to fall by the wayside.

We traded my wife's '04 Pacifica for the TCH, and she told me yesterday she wouldn't take any amount of money for her TCH.

Pacifica 16.3 avg MPG
TCH 39.6 avg MPG (still learning hybrid driving)

Too bad the Big three stink at math.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Enthusiast

I'm a 2005 Prius owner. Before that, I bought my first Camry in 1984 so
I've been a Toyota fan for decades. I could never figure out why
the American Big 3 did not feel the winds of change. G.M. should have
built a Prius-type car years ago. They could have. I guess they (along
with Ford and Chrysler) were so focused on meeting today's sales budgets
that they couldn't see the forest for the trees. It is mystifying. We
taught the Japanese all the basics but we let them take the lead.
Onward Toyota..good luck to everyone else.
Les

Old 12-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

I LOVE Toyota cars. This is my 3rd. My first was a 1987 Celica. I NEVER had that car in the shop for a repair and I drove it for 10 years. My second was a 4-Runner....gas guzzler, but a very realiable car. Now I have my Prius which I'm sure will be just as reliable as the other 2. They build their cars to last.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:38 PM
joe540ci

I don't know how to set up a poll, but I would like to set one up for fords, and not Include the hybrid escape and merc.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Enthusiast

Yes! The three cars in my driveway now are all Toyota's During my years of driving I have owned
2-GM's
2-Chrysler's
2-Mazda's
2-Honda's
3-Ford's
5-Toyota's

While the car that I drove the longest and the most miles was a Chevy, it also required the most repair. The most trouble free cars were the Toyota's and the Mazda's As I get older, I find that I just don't want to waste my time fixing cars so I have ended up with nothing but Toyota's. While I would look at other brands, Toyota's get extra points for their reliability. To be honest, I would have been hesitant to buy a Hybrid from anyone but Toyota or Honda.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I gave my '98 Civic to my son, which gave me a reason to buy the Prius. The salesman asked if I was trading in our '99 Civic. I said, "No, there's no way I'm parting with the Civic." (No typo: we had '98 and '99 Civics.)

I love my Prius, but I still love my Civic.

The Prius edged out the Honda Civic Hybrid. One reason was that where I live, the Civic Hybrid was in shorter supply than the Prius, and I would have had to wait.

When I am in the market for another car, it will likely be a Honda or a Toyota. I expect many more years of service from the '99 Civic, and plenty from the Prius, so I don't expect to be in the market for another car anytime soon.

Harry

Last edited by Earthling; 12-12-2006 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:02 AM
Automania Enthusiast

Right now the answer is defintely... However, that said I'm starting to hear of more people having problems with their Toyota's than in the past. I'm not sure if it's just he ones manufactured in the US or in general. That said both our Prius and HH have been trouble free, but both of those were built in Japan.

Over all I believe both the Honda and Toyota are far better than the big three in quality. I for one got tired of taking my Chevy Silverado back to the dealer monthly for little things.

Last edited by Bob259; 12-12-2006 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlaricD
Why can't Ford, GM, and Chrysler take advantage of the labor situation in the USA?

Oh, that's right-- while Ford, GM, and Chrysler are closing plants, Toyota is opening new ones. ..
NON-UNION plants, of course. Anyone notice that most domestic plants owned by import companies are in right-to-work states. While the big-3 did themselves in with quality and lack of appealing products, labor did themselves in with outrageous demands. While layoffs are hurtful to workers, they're the ones that voted on the union contracts that made their labor too expensive.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Hybrid True Believer

Originally Posted by medicmike
NON-UNION plants, of course. Anyone notice that most domestic plants owned by import companies are in right-to-work states. While the big-3 did themselves in with quality and lack of appealing products, labor did themselves in with outrageous demands. While layoffs are hurtful to workers, they're the ones that voted on the union contracts that made their labor too expensive.
You can't blame union pay 100% for the Big Three's financial problems. That may be part of the problem, but it's far from being the entire problem. Here is the rest:

1. Executive pay is way out of control. One executive's pay = 10,000 workers' pay. That's an unsustainable ratio.
2. The domestic manufacturers have had really severe quality problems for decades, and the American people have gotten tired of paying good money for junky cars.
3. They're basically disinterested in hybrids, clean diesel, biodisel, or any kind of vehicle that gets 30 MPG or higher.
4. They want to only push luxury SUVs that cost $50k, but the American people have figured out that these hulks are just cheap pickup trucks with fancy enclosures.
5. They make bad choices with federal grants. For example, GM took $1 billioin in Federal grants and produces *one* single Fuel Cell vehicle. They could have easily developed a plug-in hybrid vehicle for the same price.

It just really angers me when folks on the Far Right act as in American workers don't have the right to earn a decent living. I'm sure nobody on the right would like to work in a Chinese sweatshop for $0.05/hr and no benefits. But they all think it's okay for *other* people to, just so they can get cheap plastic crap at "big box" stores.

Quick Reply: Would You Buy a Toyota Again?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands