Satellite Radio.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default Satellite Radio.

I know this has been touched on before, but I was hoping there could be some updates on it.

I was a Sirius radio junkie (gotta have NFL radio) but gave up the radio to sweeten the deal when I sold by SUV to buy the Prius. I was hoping to get an integrated system but coastal tech doesn’t have one out for Sirius yet and I’m not sure about $400 for the one at siriusprius. I’ve read that Sirius will be available as an option in the Prius in a few months, but I’m not sure if an aftermarket product will be available or not.

I had the Sportster before and would likely get it again.

Does anyone have it installed? How’s the sound? How is it to hardwire in (CircuitCity would be doing it)?

Are there any aftermarket units that replace the current radio system that I haven’t been able to find online?

Thanks for any advice or tips.

Old 07-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Satellite Radio.

Found this link on different post. They sell a sirius unit that integrates with your MFD and your existing radio. http://www.factoryinteractive.com/

Last edited by pcflorida; 07-14-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Satellite Radio.

He already said he didn't want to spend $400 for this from them. Factory Interactive sells the Sirius Prius unit.