Xeons / HID's for the HH

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Xeons / HID's for the HH

I really miss my Xeon/HID headlamps. Has anyone seen any aftermarket company offering replacements/upgrades for the HH. Not the 'HID look like' bulbs, but true honest to goodness HID's.

It's amazing that the Option Package 6 for the Prius has them, but not the HH Limited, or for that matter even offered on the HH.

I know the RX has them.. but it still doesn't make it worth 10K more....

I had seen this company before, but don't know of anyone who had work done by them. http://www.illusion-lighting.com/

Last edited by Bob259; 12-26-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:57 AM
EMO
HiHy Lover
Default Re: Xeons / HID's for the HH

Never having driven a vehicle with them, I don't understand why you would miss them?

I know I HATE meeting them head on. I usually think they have their brights on already and give them a flash. Whoooa getting the flash in reply is really uncomfortably bright!

EMO

Old 12-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Automania Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMO
Never having driven a vehicle with them, I don't understand why you would miss them?

I know I HATE meeting them head on. I usually think they have their brights on already and give them a flash. Whoooa getting the flash in reply is really uncomfortably bright!

EMO
EMO, With our dark country roads and fog the HID's really show the right line and in front of you as very white light. Normally they have a cut off pattern and levelers that will not allow them to get in oncoming traffic's eyes, but there may be a momentary flash. Some of the problem is people adding aftermarket 'look alike' bulbs with high wattage to there cars and they have all sorts of stray light and will blind oncoming traffic.

Again, it's one of those thing you have to experience to appreciate.

Last edited by Bob259; 12-27-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:06 PM
EMO
HiHy Lover

Thanks for the good explanation. We have had fog for 3 days here in South Central Wisconsin -- I guess I should be looking to get some for my HiHy. I travel to Milwaukee a lot -- even the interstate here is dark and, in spots, poorly marked. Do they keep the deer at bay more than regular lights? EMO

Old 12-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Automania Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMO
Thanks for the good explanation. We have had fog for 3 days here in South Central Wisconsin -- I guess I should be looking to get some for my HiHy. I travel to Milwaukee a lot -- even the interstate here is dark and, in spots, poorly marked. Do they keep the deer at bay more than regular lights? EMO
You'd love the HID's in the fog and highway, they are fantastic. I wouldn't think they would do anything for the deer though. We have the same problems with deer here and I never noticed any difference with either the HID's or those Deer whistles. I think luck has more to do with it than anything else.