A night at the drive-in

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Enthusiast
Default A night at the drive-in

This past summer my friends and dogs hopped into my car and we were off for an evening at the drive-in movie theatre. Unlike older theatres where you hang a speaker over the window, this theatre broadcasted ove a local FM channel. Great until I started worrying about the itty bitty battery draining. So I turned the car on. The problem is, the daytime running lights come on. Not the greatest etiquette at a drive in. So we sat in silence and attempted to overhear the other cars. The drive-in is a triple-header, so three movies comes out to 6 hours, that's a long drain on that lil guy. Any thoughts?

Old 02-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A night at the drive-in

I believe the DRL's are dealer programmable. Your insurance company won't like them turned off though.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Enthusiast
Post Re: A night at the drive-in

Yes, it is possible to turn off the lights at the drive-in. I have a Prius, so the procedures may not be exactly the same. But this works for me:
Turn off the car, make sure the headlights are in the off position.
Set the parking brake.
Turn on the car.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: A night at the drive-in

It works! That's bloody fantastic. Now we can do other things besides straining our ears to hear the movie. Now we can use that 60/40 fold down