Highlander paint/color preferences?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Highlander paint/color preferences?

Kind of a lame question, maybe -- but I was wondering what colors of HiHys everyone has and whether or not you are happy with the color. Eg, we were thinking of getting black, but more than one person we've talked to said the black tends to get this circular scratched look to it after a while, which I've seen on other cars and don't like.

So, color opinions, anyone? Thanks.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:15 PM
joe540ci
Default Re: Highlander paint/color preferences?

A clean waxed black car or truck is the nicest looking color there is,But it is so hard to keep clean and so hot in the summer.I have had 3 and still have 2 . My favorite is my black SS camaro. Its like soo many things in life,You should have one once. Oh yes, the Highlander does look good in black. Mine is the gold color.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I like our Gold color. Stays clean looking and doesn't get overly hot in the middle of the summer.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Enthusiast

I always love the way black cars look on the dealer lots and after owning a few of them, I always swear never to buy one again until I see it again the next time I'm shopping. Black does look great on the HiHy.

The problem with black cars besides trying to keep them clean and scratch free looking is that they absorb heat on sunny days. Even on cool days, i would need to either open the windows or turn on the A/C to be comfy in my previous black cars.

So for my HiHy, I told the dealer any color but black or gold (just personal) and I would take white in a pinch (white looks dirty quickly) which left just Silver or Blue. Silver was the color that came in first with the options I wanted. The silver a great color, it stays cool on sunny days so I don't run the A/C much, and I never have to wash it and it looks clean. I would have been happy with the Blue as well, but being darker, it would absorb more heat and require more a/c usage than the silver.