3 car seats in back seat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 05:23 AM
Enthusiast
Default 3 car seats in back seat?

I drive my daily 110 mile commute in my 03 Honda Insight and love it! What I don't love is the horrible mileage we get in my wife's minivan.

Does anyone have experience with fitting 3 car seats in the back of a Highlander?

My 3 sons, 17 mo, 4 yrs and 6 yrs are all in Britax car seats which are absolutely fantastic,, but take up a fair amount of space. I could barely fit them in my 98 Audi A8 that I sold when I got my Insight.

Before I waste my time treking to the dealer to try and fit the seats in a Highlander, I figured I'd check in here first.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 3 car seats in back seat?

It's tight but they fit. I have a Roundabout with latch for my 18 mo old, Graco Booster for my 5 year old and a second graco booster without back for the middle when needed. For comfort, you may have to wait for the Sienna Hybrid.
http://www.hybridcars.com/toyota-sie...an-hybrid.html

Old 07-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast

Ditto, nomorebenz -- they should fit, but it will be tight. We have a Roundabout and a Parkway, and have been able to squeeze a second booster in between them. Also, remember that you have the third row seat which would also work (particularly for a booster).

cheers,

Greg P

ps - also love the Britax seats!

Old 08-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Enthusiast

There is no way to get three car seats like the Britax Roundabout in the middle seat of the Highlander. One seat and two boosters, yes, but then its hard to reach the seatbelts.

I just downsized to the HiHy as three of our kids are finally big enough to be in boosters. I currently have a Roundabout along with a booster in the second row, and two boosters in the third row. Works great, the bigger kids can buckle their own belts, but will probably feel too small for parents used to the space provided by the minivan.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Enthusiast

I just wrote a blog post about three car seats in the back of a car recently. It's pretty easy if you have the right car seats.