what means MAINT REQRED SOON?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what means MAINT REQRED SOON?

Originally Posted by jimmy1
what is an airfilter?
It filters the air the engine uses to burn fuel. If you did not do this, you would have a very dirt engine. This type of filter has been a part of car engines for many years.

I can find the engine oil , but not the transmission oil. I want to check to see if its low or need refill. when do i change transmission oil if there is such on this car? only when it reaches 30k miles?
Since the TCH has a CVT transmission, there is (basically) no transmission fluid that requires checking.

toyota dealer where i bought wants 100$ for synthetic blend oil change. i asked why such expensive. the guy says cos each quarter cost about 11$ and it needs like 7 quarters of oil, and thats how it comes to 72$ and the rest is for labor.

do u really pay 100$ for synthetic blend oil change and oil filter?
First, the TCH does not require 7 quarts of oil. It requires 5 quarts max.

Since I do my own oil changes, I cannot vouch for labor costs, but I can tell you my personal oil changes cost about $45. This includes: 5 quarts of Mobile 1 0-20W oil (about $6/quart maybe a little more now) and a Mobile 1 M103 oil filter (about $10).

what about brake pads?
I believe the brake pads should be good for at least 75k miles (depending on how you drive). Of course this does not mane they could wear out sooner. I do not think there is a specific interval for replacement. I think each service interval suggests they are checked.

With all that said, to find out what you need to do at each interval, locate the maintenance booklet that should have came with the manual when the car was purchased. In addition, please review the FAQ and specifically read the post about various general maintenance requirements and procedures. Lastly, your manual is your friend.

Mike