Toyota iPod interface

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Toyota iPod interface

I'm looking for the best way to interface my iPod touch with my TCH (Nav) and spoke with the local dealer about the Toyota interface. The dealer has installed them but was clueless about what it would and would not do.

I want to control the iPod from the steering wheel and want to be able to view playlists and Podcasts.

Does anyone have the Toyota interface?

What are the pros and cons?

Old 01-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota iPod interface

I have the Vais Tech Ipod interface. All the controls are done by the steering wheel controls or the head unit. It also displays the artist & song title on the head unit. I do not have the NAV. Did the install myself.

The Toyota unit should work in a very similar fashion.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Driving in stealth mode

The VAIS doesn't show the playlist on the NAV radio. They state is is because of the radio and not the product. What is the P/N of the Toyota device?

Old 01-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Toyota iPod interface

Originally Posted by coolshock1
The VAIS doesn't show the playlist on the NAV radio. They state is is because of the radio and not the product. What is the P/N of the Toyota device?
PT 545-0082. I believe it is made for Toyota by Alpine.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Enthusiast

will this work on the iphone 3G?

Old 01-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

if it works for ipod touch then it should work for 3G. they all use the standard ipod connector. I want a good connector myself for my 3G but have never seen one.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Enthusiast

Just a note, some Ipod interfaces will not provide charging with the latest iphone 3G and ipod models. Apple now only allows charging through the USB port on the ipod connector and not the firewire port. Most manufacturers of car adapters used the firewire port for charging, I believe because it would allow for faster charging. There are adapters that fix this now, I think Griffin makes one. I would definitely make sure the charging works for the latest model before buying a $200+ interface.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Leave it to Apple to screw things up in order to sell another adapter or piece of equipment (at a sizable profit).

You do realize that Apple gets a "Licensing Fee" for each interface cable, adapter, charger, interface, etc...? The wonders of closed architecture.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry to bring this post back up...but does anyone have this device installed in their Camry HV with Nav?
Thanks, Paul

Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Has anyone tried this kit? Looks like the kit (cable) is around $250. I have navigation and wonder if everything shows up on the navigation screen?

Quick Reply: Toyota iPod interface

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands