TCH boring?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default TCH boring?!

I am having serious doubts about my TCH purchase. I'm a 28 year old guy and I am finding the TCH to be extremely boring. I like to drive manual transmissions, and obviously, the TCH is not one. I thought following the MPGs would be enough to entertain me, but it isn't.

Anyone else find the TCH boring? Anyone want to buy a slightly used TCH?

Old 10-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH boring?!

Originally Posted by lem144
I am having serious doubts about my TCH purchase. I'm a 28 year old guy and I am finding the TCH to be extremely boring. I like to drive manual transmissions, and obviously, the TCH is not one.
12 years ago when I was a young lad of 26, my wife and I were in a crazed debate over what type of transmission our new car should have. I was, as you are now, in the 'gotta have a manual' mood whilst my signifcant other wanted an automatic. She won, were still married, and the TCH now replaces that 1995 Dodge neon. So, when I was still in my 20's, I would have agreed with you. Now, at the ripe ol' age of 38, I don't think it's a boring car.

You only live once. Get the car you want, and the hybrids will be better than ever when you are ready.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Enthusiast

I have to admit that in my 20's it was more fun to have something fast and fun, Vette, 300ZX, RX7, Mustang Cobra, were all vehicles I enjoyed during my 20's. However, gasoline was less than a buck per gallon when I got the first vehicle and never was above $1.25 per gallon! Now, at the age of 42 and a Father of two young children, I am getting just as big of kick out of "Stickin' it to the rich oil man" as I did speeding from point A to point B! I guess it is just where you are in life and what is more important. Also, I am darn impressed to see such a young guy buy a Hybrid! Surely, a leader and visionary among your peers, even if a bit boring. Best of luck.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Olde Farte

Ah yes - at the ripe young age of 62, I still enjoy my Honda S2000 (6M) and my motorcycles (average 15K miles be year). Each of these compliment my TCH - which I also enjoy.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Ian
Active Enthusiast

I am 25 years old and I think TCH is fullfilling what it is supposed to do : bringing me from point A to point B safely, comfortably and economically.
Just a thought: If I want a sports car, I would really go for a sporty car which i can have fun with, and TCH will never be on my list.
If I want a car for daily commute, economically and safely, TCH is a good choice.
Sports cars, generally speaking, consumes more gas for the strong power and stiffer suspension for its stability. These are not the focus point of the TCH.
Buying a TCH and buying a sport car doesn't shares the same motive. I don't think we are comparing "apple" to "apple".... ..
Just talking about TCH alone, I think it is not boring, at least I feel like I am playing a game to maximizing my gas milage every single day.
I don't think i am thinking like a 25 year old.. don't I.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The car is as boring as you'll make it. TCH will go about 120 mph and if you find some winding mountain road, you can easilly scare yourself and passengers silly, as much as you want. I owned manual car and find nothing more boring than getting stuck in traffic and driving on half clutch for few hours. You shouldn't have much trouble selling TCH since it still seems to be in demand. You should get the car you like and want, so I think you should go for it. Do you know which car you want?

Old 10-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

There is nothing I find boring about this beauty loaded 2007 TCH I own. I am extremely selective when bying new vehicle and finally I found one that is just right for me. This is the best car I have ever owned and enjoy every time I drive it and always try to get a better MPG than my previous one.... wow, what an amazing vehicle the 2007 TCH is.

As an FYI, I used to own 2 manual Camrys, and I liked them...... but, I like the 2007 TCH the best... good luck finding the car you like...

Last edited by agnosto; 10-19-2006 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I find it difficult to reply to emails on my Treo while driving a car with a manual transmission.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:16 AM
HSD Organic Interface

When I was 28 I was driving a new firebird with V8 and 5spd manual. It was the only car I actually had to choke back a tear when I sold it due to arrival of children. I really am surprised when I see 20-something guys on this forum with TCHs. You should be at the top of trees screaming and beating your chest, not driving comfortable family cars that get fabulous FE and saving the planet from pollution and green house gases. That time will come for you soon enough... But if you must I will understand

Old 10-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well, I've driven the, don't laugh, Honda Fit, and that car is a hoot to drive. It zips around with tons of pep and honestly I actually think the hatchback is way more practical than the TCH's limited trunk and seats-folded capacity. It also gets 38mpg on the highway.

For kicks I drove the mazdaspeed3 yesterday, talk about fast and furious. I could definitely see lots of tickets in my future with that car. It goes way too fast. Even my 2001 rav4 4x4 5-speed was more fun, and much easier to park, than the TCH. If money was no object I'd love a loaded BMW 328xi or IS250 manual (a hot looking car) fully loaded.

The TCH seems to just lob around. Even my mom thinks it's kind of dull. She has a Scion xA. While she likes the TCH, we both agree the TCH is too big. Sometimes it takes a 3 point turn to get it into a perpendicular parking spot. And it's really heavy. It feels like I'm driving a tanker.

Now, I've put a ton of highway miles on the TCH and it is very comfortable, and playing the mileage game is kind of fun, but it's not the same thing as getting involved in the driving experience.

Originally Posted by Pete4
The car is as boring as you'll make it. TCH will go about 120 mph and if you find some winding mountain road, you can easilly scare yourself and passengers silly, as much as you want. I owned manual car and find nothing more boring than getting stuck in traffic and driving on half clutch for few hours. You shouldn't have much trouble selling TCH since it still seems to be in demand. You should get the car you like and want, so I think you should go for it. Do you know which car you want?

Last edited by lem144; 10-19-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Quick Reply: TCH boring?!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands