Reliable Toyota Dealer in Southern California for 15k Service?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Enthusiast
Question Reliable Toyota Dealer in Southern California for 15k Service?

Hi all,

Back at 5k I called several Toyota dealers in Orange County and asked for the price and what type of oil they would use. The price was a bit high (I remember $80+) when they found out it was a hybrid.. and they mentioned they would use 5w30. When I asked about 0w-20 they said they didn't even have it.

I ended up doing my own oil change at 5k and 10k (with Mobil 1 + Toyota filter) and I am coming up on the 15k service. I was planning on going to a dealer but was looking for suggestions on which dealer to go to. Anyone have any luck with the dealers recently? How much should I be expecting to pay for this service? Should I bring my own oil?

Thanks!

Old 05-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Reliable Toyota Dealer in Southern California for 15k Service?

apparently from all the views and no replies--S. CA does not have any decent dealers--hope the one I bought from is better...

Old 05-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

LOL - I'm very happy with Toyota of Chula Vista, but I seriously doubt you want to drive there for service from Orange County!!!

They have been charging $49 to do the "Express Lube Plus" service, including 5W-20 oil, tire rotation, 20 point inspection including brake wear, and a car wash. It went up to $59 when I had my 35K service done. The "20 point inspection" also covers the 15K service items.

If you do go, Javier Sanchez is quite good with hybrid issues and is up to date with the TSBs.

Last edited by nash; 05-06-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Toyota & Mazda Enthusiast

Garden Grove Toyota (aka, "Toyota Place") is decent and honest. Service adviser Jeremy Saffa is useful. I do ALL my own basic PM servicing including oil changes/filters etc... Warranty work is done by the dealer of course.

All you need at 15K is a another simple oil/filter change and safety inspection... and change the HVAC filter regularly... The "minor", "intermediate" and "major" services are tremendous money-makers for the dealers. Just ask for all that is required per your service guide... and it ain't much!

Old 05-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Enthusiast

Toyota of the desert (Palm Springs) has some shady employees. I-10 Toyota in Indio has a nice group of people there, but I have not used either for service...yet

Old 06-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by martinmzfan
Garden Grove Toyota (aka, "Toyota Place") is decent and honest. Service adviser Jeremy Saffa is useful. I do ALL my own basic PM servicing including oil changes/filters etc... Warranty work is done by the dealer of course.

All you need at 15K is a another simple oil/filter change and safety inspection... and change the HVAC filter regularly... The "minor", "intermediate" and "major" services are tremendous money-makers for the dealers. Just ask for all that is required per your service guide... and it ain't much!
So Garden Grove has some experience with Camry Hybrids? That's good to know I might end up going there. I almost bought my car from Garden Grove but the TCHs they had on the lot were really dusty and scratched up! It didn't give me a good impression.

I gotta look into how to change my HVAC. Maybe I can just have them do an inspection and rotate my tires. Thanks!

Old 07-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Enthusiast

Went to Garden Grove and they did a good job! I will definately be going back for my 'major' servicing.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Toyota & Mazda Enthusiast

That's good! They are trustworthy folks. Very high BBB of So. Cal. rating. Last time I checked, it was an "AAA" -- which is the highest rating! When I talked to the fleet manager about their high rating during my Camry HV purchase, he said, "...we always resolve any customer issues/complaints quickly and fairly..."

Very few car dealers in So. Cal. can even boast better than a "B" rating with all their complaints... and many go unanswered. So always stick with better companies when making a major purchase or even getting service done. That's my mantra.