Pics of newly modded TCH '08

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Pics of newly modded TCH '08

What if all the numbers are the same as the stock wheels, but the offset is 42. Will they not fit?

Old 01-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Interior LEDs

Bought and installed LEDs in my interior dome/map lights and doors and debadged the "Camry" off the car...

Old 01-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wes878
What if all the numbers are the same as the stock wheels, but the offset is 42. Will they not fit?
Without you telling us anything else, then +42 wheels will fit on your 07-08 Camry. All other specs being equal, you can go to about +35 offset with no problems. If you have an offset number any lower than +35, then you risk rubbing your tires against the fender.

Do you understand the effect of offset and how it changes the appearance when mounted on your car? If not, I refer you to the offset calculator:http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
The lower the offset number, the more the wheel/tire will stick out towards the outside fender. Just to make an extreme example, if you used wheels with +10 offset on your Camry, they would stick out past your fender walls. So just because a particular offset fits on your car does not mean that you will like how it looks. You might not notice the difference between +45 and +42, but I'm sure you would see a difference between +45 and +35.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by rocket08
No it didn't. But I have a pretty good audio shop here who have worked on my car and I do trust their work and they put it in for me. If you want a DIY for this, its gonna be a tad difficult w/out those instructions, I agree. But the install cost isn't that exhorbitant w/out dropping the bumper.

Ugh. I was hoping this kit would be slightly better than the others since they were supplying you with relays. I doubt it would be really difficult to figure out the wiring and tap into the low beams, but I'd rather have detailed instructions.

Thanks for the info.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Enthusiast

Rocket,

I was wondering what the name of the shop you got your hids and fogs installed at was. I also live in socal so any tips would be greatly appreciated. Did they sell you the hids or did you find them online? thanks

Last edited by jpgjjgm; 02-01-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Enthusiast

As most, I compliment your mods...very tasteful. I saw your ebay fog light posting, but where did you get the HID kit for the headlights and the interior LED kit?

Old 02-01-2008, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Fooshe
As most, I compliment your mods...very tasteful. I saw your ebay fog light posting, but where did you get the HID kit for the headlights and the interior LED kit?
The HIDs I have are from Oznium (they also have LEDs) and I have have replaced all interior lighting with LEDs (except vanity lights due to the poor 360 light coverage of an LED) since day one. The LEDs came from Super Bright LEDs. Both places are great to work with.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Nice car Rocket08. You used JDM fog lights? How was the fit of the black portion of the fogs to the body? Do the lights have glass lenses? I'm looking at purchasing fogs for my TCH and looking at wiring alternatives. You said you spliced into your low beams, can you be more precise, at the fuse box? in line somewhere? I am worried about overloading the wiring/fuse if I splice them in, however, the thought had crossed my mind. I could not find a spot in the fuse box specifically for fog lights. Any help is appreciated. This is a DIY project.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Rocket08,

You have done a really good job modding your TCH with tasteful changes. I will be copying a couple of your mods....those Lexus wheels look really good. Have you checked the speedometer accuracy since adding that wheel / tire combo?

For those of you looking for wiring diagrams for fogs here is a link to some basic ones. The relays shown are pretty common and the pin out shown for them is pretty much universal...

http://www.suvlights.com/information.php?info_id=25

If you want your fogs to always come on with your low beams use the second one shown. Then tie into your low beams as the relay trigger voltage. If you want a switch use the third diagram. If you want your fogs to be available with either high or low beam use the parking / running lights as a relay trigger voltage...

I advise against using the first diagram as it is generally not a good idea to run your lights constantly through an aftermarket switch...especially if there is a high amperage load...I have seen switches melt. Relays and fuses are your friend when it comes to safe wiring....

Last edited by RedLdr1; 04-08-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Enthusiast

Looks like I'll be getting these wheels soon. The ones I'm getting are used and come with the stock Lexus tires, which are General Exclaim UHP 245/40 ZR18. These tires that come with it have less than 2000 miles on it so I'd like to use them up instead of spending more money. Will the 245's fit? I'm pretty sure they will, but just checking. thanks.