How to keep a certain screen on the Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default How to keep a certain screen on the Nav?

I went through the manual (a few times) but couldn't figure out when, say I am in the "Consumption" screen and want to stay in the "FM1" or "FM2" screen (or any other screen for that matter), how do I keep the screen from jumping back to the previous screen? It just stays on the FM1 for about 30 seconds, then jumps back.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How to keep a certain screen on the Nav?

Are you changing the station using the tuning controls while already on the consumption screen? If so, it is operating as designed I think.

That said, it sounds like you are not just using the tuning controls...I do recall seeing something what dealt with returning to the map someplace. Look in MENU -> Setup.

I will have to look later....work comes first

Larry (Horaldo) -- after we get an answer for this I think we should put it in the FAQ.

Last edited by mikieboyblue; 01-21-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Are you changing the station using the tuning controls while already on the consumption screen? If so, it is operating as designed I think.

That said, it sounds like you are not just using the tuning controls...I do recall seeing something what dealt with returning to the map someplace. Look in MENU -> Setup.

I will have to look later....work comes first

Larry (Horaldo) -- after we get an answer for this I think we should put it in the FAQ.
Thanks Michael.
What I do is...when wanting to change the station, I hit "AUDIO" then select the station I want. (btw, I think it's so cool to get the song names scroll across). After 20-30 seconds, it goes back to "CONSUMPTION".
I didn't know if I was doing something wrong or not?

Old 01-21-2008, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by nicst47
Thanks Michael.
What I do is...when wanting to change the station, I hit "AUDIO" then select the station I want. (btw, I think it's so cool to get the song names scroll across). After 20-30 seconds, it goes back to "CONSUMPTION".
I didn't know if I was doing something wrong or not?
You're welcome.

In this case you have that option I was talking about set....of course I don't know if it applies only to the NAV screens or all screens. If I find it before someone else does, I will let you know.

If you are in your car anytime soon, hunt around the setup menus and display menu. Unless I am going insane (which could be happening), I really think there is some option dealing with automatic return from audio screens.

Mike

Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 AM

You're welcome.

In this case you have that option I was talking about set....of course I don't know if it applies only to the NAV screens or all screens. If I find it before someone else does, I will let you know.

If you are in your car anytime soon, hunt around the setup menus and display menu. Unless I am going insane (which could be happening), I really think there is some option dealing with automatic return from audio screens.

Mike
I'll hunt around the Setup menu and see if I need to make any changes.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:31 AM

You're welcome.

Mike
I went to the car and checked the screen settings. The first option asked if I wanted the switch from Audio to be Automatic. It was "ON" and selected "OFF". We'll see if that fixed the problem. I would have stayed outside to wait, but it's about 5 below with the Wind Chill.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:45 AM

I went to the car and checked the screen settings. The first option asked if I wanted the switch from Audio to be Automatic. It was "ON" and selected "OFF". We'll see if that fixed the problem. I would have stayed outside to wait, but it's about 5 below with the Wind Chill.
Ok Nick. Let us know. As soon as you confirm, we'll put it in the FAQ.

Stay warm buddy....

Old 01-21-2008, 10:49 AM

Ok Nick. Let us know. As soon as you confirm, we'll put it in the FAQ.

Stay warm buddy....
Thanks!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

It does work. That's how I have mine set. Once I'm on the audio screen, it stays there (unless the phone rings or something.)

Dang

Old 01-21-2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dang
It does work. That's how I have mine set. Once I'm on the audio screen, it stays there (unless the phone rings or something.)

Dang
I just got home. Yes, I can confirm that. That did the trick!