Extended Warrenty (not Toyota)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Enthusiast
Default Extended Warrenty (not Toyota)

We picked up a new TCH last night. My wife insisted on the extended warrenty. It cost $1800 for 8 years 120K miles. The dealer said that if it was not mentioned in the exclusions then it is covered. My concern is that the warrenty looks good for a normal car but I didn't see any specific coverages for the hybrid equipment. I'm worried. The policy is through "Complete Care" Please help me put my nerves at ease concerning this issue. Thanks
Buy the way, Love our new TCH paid sticker dealer had it in stock because a prior deal fell through.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Extended Warrenty (not Toyota)

That's a pretty long warranty but it's also pretty costly. There's been a couple of threads about extended warranties and where to purchase them. Most of them were less than half what your dealership is offering, but for short coverage. It still may be worth a look.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:54 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by neisserj1
We picked up a new TCH last night. My wife insisted on the extended warrenty. It cost $1800 for 8 years 120K miles. The dealer said that if it was not mentioned in the exclusions then it is covered. My concern is that the warrenty looks good for a normal car but I didn't see any specific coverages for the hybrid equipment. I'm worried. The policy is through "Complete Care" Please help me put my nerves at ease concerning this issue. Thanks
Buy the way, Love our new TCH paid sticker dealer had it in stock because a prior deal fell through.
The only bad thing with aftermarket warrentee's are they are expensive, and go out of business usually before you ever collect. seen it happen many times. Stick with the Toyotas warrentee.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I will never purchase an extended warrantee from anything but the manufacturer.
3rd party warrantees are awful. The dealer is required to call and get a pre-repair authorization before proceeding. The warrantee I had took 3 days for them to respond both times I had an issue and the car was in the shop for those 3 days doing nothing.
With the Toyota warrantees the work proceeded immediately.
Not to say you should purchase it at an exhorbitant price from your dealer but make sure it is a Genuine Toyota policy.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by neisserj1

You got ripped. RUN (don't walk) back to the dealer and return the policy immediately. They should not have the guts to charge you a penalty fee for under 24hrs.

Then call Midwest Toyota Superstore out of Hutchinson, Kansas at 620-662-6631. Ask for Chris the Finance Manager. He is selling the Toyota Platinum factory extended warranty 7yrs/100k with $0 deductible for dealer-cost $960 for the TCH (as of end-August, but price had been increasing $50 every 2 weeks up until then as Toyota determined the "true" cost of honoring this warranty). This is the premium Toyota factory authorized extended warranty that will be honored by every single Toyota dealer in the U.S. It is bumper-to-bumper coverage, other than standard wear-and-tear items like brake pads, etc.

Search this forum for "extended warranty" and you will find many discussions on this subject.