buzzy front speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default buzzy front speakers

OK finally got my Titanium TCH today and after a 2.5 hour ordeal for delivery I got it home. One thing I noticed ont he way home was the front speakers, particularly the front left seems to make a buzzy sound, kind of liek the tweeter was defective, or loose of had some stuff sitting in it. Anyone else notice this? I need to find time to go to dealer and listen to another car to see if it is just me. My fear is they might need to pull the dash to get to the front speakers, I assume that woudl be a nightmare and maybe casue other issues.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: buzzy front speakers

I haven't noticed anything like that, but everyone's ears are different. It's best if you do what you suggest and listen to another one yourself.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:03 PM
it's just a car...

The first time I heard the Plasmacluster, I thought it was what you are describing.
The fact that your noise is on the left may be an indication that it's the Plasmacluster which is located in the driver side AC outlet.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by vioarc
The first time I heard the Plasmacluster, I thought it was what you are describing.
The fact that your noise is on the left may be an indication that it's the Plasmacluster which is located in the driver side AC outlet.
Interesting, and I guess if I kill the AC/blower for a while I will be able to determine that. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

Old 07-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've noticed this buzz from the front speakers too, but only when I've been really pushing the sound system. To me it sounds like the speakers are a bit over-loaded and can't reproduce all the sound.

I have no complaints though. This JBL system is MUCH better than the Premium Bose system I had in my Chevy.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've heard a slight buzzing from what appears to be the power window switch holder when playing music with very deep bass and moderate levels. If I press firmly on the plastic tray the power window switches are in, the buzz stops. Haven't decided if I want the dealer to open up the door to try and fix it, or just live with it. I almost never hear it unless I play music with very low bass.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:20 AM

My buzzing is at even low volumes, but I need to do more checking, maybe is it is the plasmacluster. I will say that the JBL in many ways exceeds the ELS Surround system that was in my old 06 TL. The TL system was farily clean, but power tapered off fast and did not have the bottom end punch nor the ultra crisp highs that the JBL has.

Old 07-23-2006, 05:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kluken
My buzzing is at even low volumes, but I need to do more checking, maybe is it is the plasmacluster. I will say that the JBL in many ways exceeds the ELS Surround system that was in my old 06 TL. The TL system was farily clean, but power tapered off fast and did not have the bottom end punch nor the ultra crisp highs that the JBL has.
The premium bose stereo in my Chevy had the same problem as your Acura. It would taper off fast and lose all the low end punch as well as treble with the volume was up half way or more. This new JBL systems just keeps reproducing at all volumes! I think this is why at higher volumes I've noticed a few times a bit of buzz from the front speakers.

kluken if you are hearing that buzz even at low volumes then it's probably not the stereo. Wasn't there some discussion in the edmunds thread about a rattle in the center console where the aux jack is too?

Old 07-23-2006, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by charlesc
The premium bose stereo in my Chevy had the same problem as your Acura. It would taper off fast and lose all the low end punch as well as treble with the volume was up half way or more. This new JBL systems just keeps reproducing at all volumes! I think this is why at higher volumes I've noticed a few times a bit of buzz from the front speakers.

kluken if you are hearing that buzz even at low volumes then it's probably not the stereo. Wasn't there some discussion in the edmunds thread about a rattle in the center console where the aux jack is too?
I am still pouring through the Edmunds forums. It does nto sound liek the console, it sounds like front left corner of dash near windshield. Almost like static like, sort of what a bad speaker element would sound like. I will need to really listen more, have not had much time, got car Friday and been busy with visiting family ever since.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:07 PM

Ok I spent a little time analyzing this today and what Ihave rulted out is the PLasmacluster and the console and dashboard. It seems to be from the left channel and is very prevalent on Sirus and not so I have not heard it on CD and need to spend more time with the Radio. I am wondering if the Sirus tuner has issues. The sound sounds liek a staticy crackling noise very noticable on speaking and some highs. And i do nto beleive it to be their compression as it is noticable on some music that has very pronounced vocals. I wonder if there is an issue witht he Sirus tuner over driving the JBL or maybe it is a JBL problme with the input side. I need to listen to another car when I get a chance. BTW the JBL system kicks some serious ***!

Quick Reply: buzzy front speakers

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands