Buyer's Remorse: Navigation System/4CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Buyer's Remorse: Navigation System/4CD Changer

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
The Toyota NAV will announce some streets ie "I 70"
It does not announce every street name but the graphics on the split screen more than make up for that. It really helps the driver see what lane they need to be in to prepare for the upcoming turn.
so just the highways then?

Old 07-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sippin' the Kool-aid....

Originally Posted by snedecor
I'm feeling a bit better as I get to know the quirks of the NAV and the CD system.

I've found that you can FF within a song by holding down on the forward button ON THE RADIO. You change CD's by holding down the forward button ON THE WHEEL. Thanks for the tip!
I still don't understand how to FF thru a song with buttons on the radio. I wonder if maybe you are in Canada with a dealer installed nav that is different than the US version. If you have the US version, can you please tell me how you FF thru part of a song? I would also like to know how to rewind. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast

On my TCH,

I press the up (track) arrow button on the radio, the one you would press to go to the next track, but you hold it down rather than pressing and releasing. It advances the min:sec display through the song and starts playing when you let up on the button.

It has to be the button on the radio, if you do that on the steering wheel controls, you change to the next CD.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Snedecor,

Are you in Canada? I have no radio buttons. I control the radio thru the nav screens.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:39 AM
Enthusiast

Not in Canada.

The buttons I'm talking about are just beneath the volume/power **** on the upper left side of the NAV unit. They are physical buttons, not touch screen buttons.

They are labeled:

(down arrow) seek / track (up arrow)

See www.toyotaiguide.com and navigate to the navigation system to see a drawing of the unit.