Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

WTB: HYBRID badge

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: WTB: HYBRID badge

Although I suppose someone could do what this poster is doing and buy a badge, and then put the badge on any old car-- like, for instance, a Hummer, just to make a joke. Not a very funny joke, but it could happen.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Hacktastic DSM'er

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
Although I suppose someone could do what this poster is doing and buy a badge, and then put the badge on any old car-- like, for instance, a Hummer, just to make a joke. Not a very funny joke, but it could happen.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I took mine off my car. You can have it for $15 shipped. It is from a 2006 Honda Civic hybrid. PM me if interested.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Hacktastic DSM'er

Thanks, but I already got'em.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:45 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

I understand what your objective is. My cousins have a shop where their most popular work is H22 swaps. They do auto to manual swaps as well. Their "shop car" dials in at over 400hp and they still get 27 mpg driving inefficiently in "detuned" mode.

Most people on this site that have googled "Hybrid" before might know about the other type of hybrids.

Last edited by rigger; 08-29-2006 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo, i'm a retard
Old 08-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

The hybrid badge on a non hybrid car may fool some into free parking or HOV use if registration isnt required.

Someone may also be able to sell a hybrid hummer for thousands more too.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

now that's a disturbing idea.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Hacktastic DSM'er

Originally Posted by rigger
I understand what your objective is. My cousins have a shop where their most popular work is H22 swaps. They do auto to manual swaps as well. Their "shop car" dials in at over 400hp and they still get 27 mpg driving inefficiently in "detuned" mode.

Most people on this site that have googled "Hybrid" before might know about the other type of hybrids.
You're close. It's on my 12 second Lancer Evolution, mostly as a joke. Although the car does return an impressive average of 18 mpg while being flogged down a dragstrip. It'll be a true Hybrid if I go with the methanol injection in the future anyway... Hard to make out, but the badge is on the right, directly above the black soot marks left on the bumper by the exhaust.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Hacktastic DSM'er

Originally Posted by TonyK

Someone may also be able to sell a hybrid hummer for thousands more too.
I sure hope it'd take more than a badge to fool someone making a purchase like that...

Old 09-03-2006, 05:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

GlowMunkey,

I see the humor in it, I bet it will raise your mpg too, but the extra weight may reduce your E/T. On the other hand it may act as a small spoiler and you may have to counter steer to compensate for it being on the back.

Good luck

Quick Reply: WTB: HYBRID badge

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands