Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

New Hybrid Company Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default New Hybrid Company Announcement

I would like to make awareness of a new start-up company, Alternate Propulsion Motor Co. This company is gearing up to create hybrid / EV conversions for existing vehicles. The idea is to replace the cars internal combustion engine with our own gas-electric hybrid, PHEV, or Full electric.

We are in the prototyping stages and should be ready for market late 2007.

http://www.alternatepropulsion.com/

Old 05-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Hybrid Company Announcement

Hi, I went into your link to try and find out what cars you convert, but couldn't seem to find any information about that.
I would love to know more - could you post a link to the relevent page?

http://www.antiquecarsclub.com/

Old 05-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by adelie
I would like to make awareness of a new start-up company, Alternate Propulsion Motor Co. This company is gearing up to create hybrid / EV conversions for existing vehicles. The idea is to replace the cars internal combustion engine with our own gas-electric hybrid, PHEV, or Full electric.

We are in the prototyping stages and should be ready for market late 2007.

http://www.alternatepropulsion.com/
Well good news! And what's your role/function/status in this start-up? Is it privately owned or is it a stock-issuing corporation?

Old 05-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Driving in stealth mode

"APMC has a strong management team that will allow them to execute on this exciting idea. APMC has two partners, Dave Seff, and Eliot De Leon. Dave has a background of Computer and Electronic Engineering and many years experience in manufacturing and management. He will be overseeing the research and development and manufacturing. Eliot's background is in Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering. He will also be overseeing research and development with the focus on customer experience. The incredible breadth of skill sets and knowledge that the management team possesses will allow APMC to accomplish their lofty goals of over $10 million in sales." Taken from their site.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Old Boomer Techie

What happened to the "late 2007" part?

Old 05-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolshock1
"APMC has a strong management team that will allow them to execute on this exciting idea. APMC has two partners, Dave Seff, and Eliot De Leon. Dave has a background of Computer and Electronic Engineering and many years experience in manufacturing and management. He will be overseeing the research and development and manufacturing. Eliot's background is in Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering. He will also be overseeing research and development with the focus on customer experience. The incredible breadth of skill sets and knowledge that the management team possesses will allow APMC to accomplish their lofty goals of over $10 million in sales." Taken from their site.
Thanks for that info - and where did the start-up money come from?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast

Hey,

I would say that 2007 was quite the pipe dream. We're still trying to refine the process, taking into account other things like not crippling Air conditioning if the engine is not running, and being able to have your car in and out of the shop within a day or three. I refuse to shovel a crappy product out of the door just to say we've got a product out of the door.

As with any company trying to break out of it's egg shell, were coming up against a few financial roadblocks. We're still actively looking for investors, and if anyone is interested, please PM me. Prototyping is very expensive and drains our funds quickly.

But I wanted you all to know that we're still around and not to forget us.

-Dave