Old Marketplace Archive This section is closed to new listings.

'05 HAH Graphite w/Navi

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default '05 HAH Graphite w/Navi for $25K

I LOVE my HAH. It's been a great car. I've never had a moment of regret from buying this car. Great fuel economy when you want it; great power when you need it. It seats very comfortably. Handles remarkably. And feels solidly built. All indicators are pointing towards it being an outstandingly reliable car.

30K miles. In fact, look at the mileage database link in my sig to get the actual mileage. Every tank I've ever driven is in the database. After 19 months, I'm averaging 31 mpg.

Spare tire. Tinted glass. Grille guard. Wheel locks. Factory service manual. Spare oil/engine air/cabin air filters. Spare wiper blades.

www.kbb.com says retail is $29K. I'll probably only get $27K on trade, so I'll ask $27K. I'll get a firm trade figure this weekend and will repost the trade price.

With our baby being 1 in a few weeks, and the wife and I considering having a second baby, we've decided to buy a Honda Odyssey to help lug around us and our kids for family trips and the such. The HAH is great for weekend trips, but for longer stretches, we find that we carry a lot more luggage and equipment.

If I have no takers, I'll end up trading in the HAH within the next few weeks. When I do, I'll make a post to say the car is gone. So if you're interested in it and want to see it in person, let me know ASAP so I don't trade it in before you get a chance to check it out.

Something kind of unrelated, but I thought was interesting is while at the dealership, they had an '07 HAH going for $30K. That's how much I paid for mine, but with the Navi. I wonder why they're getting more expensive? When I bought mine, the non-Navi was going for $28K. And I read some members on this forum getting their non-Navis for $27K.

Last edited by bar10dah; 03-11-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Default Re: '05 HAH Graphite w/Navi

Oh, and I'm also going to sell my beloved motorcycle if anyone here is interested in it. '98 CBR1100XX. 33K miles. Dynojetted and tuned to the aftermarket Two Bros exhaust pipes. Corbin Beetlebags hard luggage. Doublebubble windshield. Throttle lock. Factory service manual. Spare air filters. All maintenance up to date. Books at $5,200 stock. Around $2,500 in accessories and performance parts. Price set at $4K.

Last edited by bar10dah; 06-22-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Enthusiast

Keith,
I was going to trade my 05 Silver Frost HAH/nav until I heard what the dealer was going to offer me and it was miles from the $27000 that you are expecting. My car does not have a ding or a scratch (as I park it a mile away from anybody) and less than 18,000 miles. I will be happy to tell you what my offer was if you PM me.
I wish you all the luck in the world. I get my Prius tomorrow. I just was never happy with only getting 25 mpg or less and having to work so hard to get that.
- Ilene

Old 03-09-2007, 04:03 PM

Wow, hopefully my dealer isn't pulling my leg on this. I'll get a firm quote tomorrow. If I get an offer much lower than discussed, I think I'll more than likely just take my business elsewhere, based on principle. It's not the fact that my trade isn't worth as much. It's just the fact that they baited me with an inflated price just to ****** it away at the table.

25 mpg is pretty low, and it's strange that you had to work hard to get it there. I don't really put much effort forward at all and I've averaged 31. In the metro Phoenix area, solely city driving usually puts me around 27 mpg. But combined I'm usually around 30 mpg. Highways seems to fluctuate. On one trip I'll get 35 mpg. On the very same trip, with nearly identical circumstances, I'll get up to 42 mpg. I'm still impressed with my 45 mpg tank last summer. I might hope to see similar numbers when I go to Biloxi in a couple weeks. That is, if I still have this car.

For what I look for in a car, a Prius, Civic, or even the Camry isn't going to cut it. I'll probably get a $10K TL. It's not much less mpg than the HAH and just as fun to drive. I just can't believe I'm looking at cars again. I tend to keep my cars a long time before changing them out. Heck, I drove my last vehicle for 13 years. And if it wasn't for needing a place to put a baby seat (standard cab trucks are pretty tight), I'd still be driving it today!

Old 03-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here is some research material for you to browse.......

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...c=__aHlicmlk__

The link contains some 427 2005 HAH and their prices throughout the country.

I have an 05 HAH also and if I could get what your dealer is offering I would jump on the offer asap. Just be sure they arent jacking up the 'new' vehicle to offset the very attractive trade in offer.

Best of luck

Tony

Old 03-10-2007, 07:36 AM

That doesn't paint a pretty picture. Within 100 miles of here, the average '05 HAH is $25K.

They can't "adjust" the price of the vehicle I'm purchasing because I've already negotiated that price before even bringing up the fact that I have a trade.

Okay, I'm off to the dealer. I'll report back what I find out.

Last edited by bar10dah; 03-10-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:47 PM

Either I heard them wrong, or they were a little misleading. $27K is 'about' what they think it would sell for on the lot. Or, what they'd put down as a sticker price. The vehicle could sell for $26K or even $25K. The actual appraisal came back at $21K. The dealer also has a brand new '06 non-Navi for $27K. So selling an '05 w/Navi with 30K miles would be difficult.

At $21K, I'm keeping this car. Maybe, as gas prices keep climbing, I'll try to sell it private party. But for now, it's not worth taking such a big hit in trade-in value. But, if someone reading this thread does want to buy my car, I'll sell it for $25K. So PM me if you want it.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Either I heard them wrong, or they were a little misleading. $27K is 'about' what they think it would sell for on the lot. Or, what they'd put down as a sticker price. The vehicle could sell for $26K or even $25K. The actual appraisal came back at $21K. The dealer also has a brand new '06 non-Navi for $27K. So selling an '05 w/Navi with 30K miles would be difficult.

At $21K, I'm keeping this car. Maybe, as gas prices keep climbing, I'll try to sell it private party. But for now, it's not worth taking such a big hit in trade-in value. But, if someone reading this thread does want to buy my car, I'll sell it for $25K. So PM me if you want it.
Actually $21K is pretty good. I was only offered $19K - perfect condition and less than 18K miles, so I sold it to a really good friend of mine for $20K (19 plus the tax difference on the trade).

Old 03-11-2007, 10:25 PM

I went to another dealership to see what they'd give me. $18.5K. They said they checked to see what '05 HAHs were auctioned for in the previous week. One went for $12K and the other went for $22K. But with gas prices starting to creep up, both dealers told me to expect the value of my HAH to start to rise. They both said www.kbb.com is a pretty accurate source to see what to expect from a trade-in. But not for hybrids. Their values tend to fluctuate from month to month, dependent on the cost of gasoline. One dealer said if gas goes above $3/gal, I'll probably get really close to $27K for it. Maybe not all the way up to $27K, but really close.

After thinking aboout it, I've decided to keep the car. After all, I originally planned to keep this car 10-15 years. Might as well stick to the plan. And speaking of longevity, I just did my 30K maintenance today. Everything but the checks underneath the car. I'll do those tomorrow when I get the car up on a rack to rotate the tires. Everything looks really good in the car so far. The service manual recommends an engine air filter change every 30K miles. But since I live in dusty AZ, I decided to change them out every 15K. At 15K, it didn't look that dirty. And now at 30K, it doesn't look dirty again. I still changed them out, but I was expecting a mess in there. On the other hand, both times, the cabin air filter was filthy! So much crap stuck to it! I change that one out every 15K, as well. I've been doing my oil changes at every 5K, but for the past six oil changes, the oil seems to always come out fairly clean. Since I'm using Mobil 1 oil and oil filters, I might start doing oil changes every 7,500 instead. I keep reading how well synthetics perform and see quite a few people reporting 10K oil change intervals with no ill effects. Not only is it nice to be using less fuel by driving a hybrid, but it would be nice to use less oil, too. Thinking back, I should have taken pictures of those air filters for you guys to see. I'll have to do that at my 45K mile servicing.

So even though I decided not to trade in the HAH, I'm still going to move forward to buy the Odyssey. I started looking at a '99 which was really cheap. But I wasn't comfortable with a 134K mile vehicle that I didn't know the maintenance history on. So I looked at an '03 with 68K miles. Nice vehicle, almost bought it, but when I drove the '05 with 19K miles on it, I changed my mind! It's amazing how much nicer the '05 was compared to the '03. Don't get me wrong, the '03 was nice, but the '05 was better. So now I'm working on gathering up the money and should have my wife's new Ody by the middle of next week. Unfortunately, they didn't have any Odys with VCM on the lot. That would have been nice. But, at least it gets better mileage than the Escape my wife is currently driving.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:46 AM

I'm back to wanting to sell the HAH again. I LOVE this car. But, I have my eye on something pretty expensive (Cessna 172), so if I want to buy it, I'll have to sell the HAH.

FOR SALE
2005 Honda Accord Hybrid w/Navi
$19,000
255 hp V6 / 5 speed auto
25-29 city / 35-42 hwy MPG
I bought this car brand new from Arrowhead Honda in Peoria, AZ in August 2005. I’ve averaged an overall 30 MPG combined over 48,000 miles with about 70% city and 30% hwy miles. I generally see about 27 city/38 hwy MPG on average, but have seen as low as 22 city and as high as 45 hwy. The average I usually see for a highway trip is usually around 550 miles per tank. But, set the cruise control at 70 miles per hour and you’ll burn nearly 15 gallons and go over 630 miles before needing a fill-up! I know, because I’ve done it.
Always meticulously maintained and I have all the maintenance type, dates, and mileage documented. All but the first oil change was done with Mobil 1 synthetic. Any other fluid replacements have been done with Honda brand fluids. All maintenance/service records and any other documents are in a folder in the car.
This car is fully loaded and has the factory navigation system installed. Kelley Blue Book has this car listed at $20,800 private party for good condition. However, I believe this car is between good and excellent as it requires no reconditioning to be sold at retail. Check online and you’ll see this same car going for between $21,000 and $27,000 at a retail dealership. As of today 9/18/08, there are 2 similar cars within 100 miles of Las Vegas. Their asking prices are $25,998 and $21,999.
This car also has a fully transferrable LoJack vehicle recovery system installed and the windows have been VIN etched. Most auto insurance companies will give a discount for these anti-theft items, so check with your agent to see what this will save you. Also, this car came with tinted windows and what they call the “desert protection package” (paint, leather, and carpet protection) down in Phoenix. Plus the car has been waxed twice per year since I’ve had it.
The factory hybrid components warranty is 8 years/80,000 miles, so you have many more miles of coverage, that you’ll probably never need anyways… It’s a Honda…
Please call with any questions.

Last edited by bar10dah; 09-19-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Quick Reply: '05 HAH Graphite w/Navi

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands