Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Who Killed The Electric Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Who Killed The Electric Car

This isnt the first time GM has done this. They killed mass transit in the US by converting electric lines to unprofitable gas buses then after they weren't profitable and the rail lines were ripped up they shut it all down.

this book details it in one of the chapters, I think its chapter 8 or 9

The destruction of the Impact and EV1 demonstrates publicly the usual approach to these types of situations by GM. They see an emerging business that threatens thier ability to keep building the only thing they care to ever pursue (Internal combustion) they then invest in the alternative make a show of pursuing it all the while making it appear unprofitable and then shut it down.

The EV1 is the 2nd time that I know of they have done this. They were prosecuted and convicted the first time over the mass transit systems they destroyed.

Check out GMs involvement in the yellow cab and other buss companies. Or better yet read the above book.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Banned
Default Re: Who Killed The Electric Car

I am somewhat familiar with GM's abuses toward mass transit. I probably dont need to read another account of their atrocities to dislike them any more than I already do. They really get my dander up.