Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Scientists prove humans are warming the ocean

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Scientists prove humans are warming the ocean

These guys say they have PROOF that humans are warming the Earth's oceans:

http://www.h2cars.biz/artman/publish/article_670.shtml

Old 02-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I wish Dixie Lee Ray were still alive. Now, she was really smart in these matters. Somebody needs to read her work on top of what is being done today.

Old 02-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Personally, I'm not suprised that this is produced days after the Kyoto Treaties become active.

Their evidence is both computer models, which in the past have been seriously flawed, and "observed" data which can be either misread or manipulated.

The rest sounds pretty scary, almost like it was designed to create an emotional response.

I've also heard the killer waves in Asia was possibly caused by global warming, although I'm not sure if this University of California group have claimed that or not.

This rides the heels of the Kyoto treaty- please let me comment on that:
In the Kyoto pact, developing countries like China who have gladly signed on to this treaty are largely exempt from liabilities, even though they produce about as much pollution as countries who haven't signed on like the U.S. and Australia:

"China's pollution now second only to that of the US"
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../14/2003215052

"A great wall of waste"
http://www.economist.com/business/di...ory_id=3104453

It seems the way "developing countries" are defined is flawed, as most everything bought today is "Made in China", made by with forced or slave labor by it's communist dictators, much of which are stolen, copied or pirated technologies or goods.

Those countries who sign such agreements can be subject to a world tax and heavy fines, possibly emposed by the beloved United Nations, while countries like China are exempt.

I wouldn't be suprised if it were found out that wealthy governments like Beijing are a major contributor to such global warming studies.

Last edited by Hot_Georgia_2004; 02-18-2005 at 11:12 AM.