Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Need a Plug
Default Re: Modifications

I am not changing the Switch stalk but adding a sepeate switch located way down on the left near the emergency key input.
The Airbag is in the side of the seat back. So adding a seat heater is feasable. I strongly suggest that for $20 bucks you can down load the Altima factory service manual. IT will go a long way to make these thing much much easier.

Last edited by GripperDon; 06-17-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Need a Plug
Default Re: Modifications

ighthe blue light rarely winks on when the car does ifinally start the engine I look for it every time to see if it is working as I was worried about it. I do have an AC that I can use for the garage and if I run it anf the temp in the garge is say 80F instead of 130F as it get when you bring a hot car in from a 110F day outside and close the highly insulated garage door I have.

It's so ironic, I have a very rare VW Phaeton ans installed the AC so i could keep the car very cool for extra pleasure of gettin i a cool car and driving out into the hot day and the car AC had little to do. Now it is just the opposite. You have touched a subject i am really torn about. Do I keep the garge cool to help incrase the Hybrids battery life? and then the engine runs to heat up the Cat or keep it hot so the ICE does not run and My milage is better but maybe at the risk to battery life. Personally I would Like to convert to ethanol and take out the Cat. OR add an available pre cat that light up instantly and takes care of things before the main CAT is ready.

I am aware of the batery charge charactistics. I guess I should mention that I ran the Bendix research Labs Convept Demonstration center and one of the areaa i innoviated in was the use of tvery long term electronic timers for military putposes and that lead to a lot of research on batey types and I have my group do extensive testing on recharging characteristics. I sure don't know a smiggion as to what the Toyota and Battery mfgs do but to understant their philosopy on the narrow band of battery operation to achieve long life. Actually I don't agree with it for my own personal usage envelope but do not plan to change it at this time. When I secured a secon identiacl battery stack I still will use the same on board controller to govern the enlarged stack. I will run tests before installation to be sure that the two stack do act as one as far as the on board controller is concerned. This will make my selection of the second stack more difficult so as to achieve reasonably close loading and charging charastics so it is rally just acting as one big battery.

I appreciate your inputs VERY much, PLEASE continue. I am in the process of selling my house boat see www.donjlewis.com and as soon as that is completed I will be making much quicker progress. I am afraid that at 72 I get overloaded much more easily than I used to. By the way HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL, Father reallly can make a difference in keeping families together and successful and is certinally one thing this country really needs at this time.