Low battery voltage warning / warning lights.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 02:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Low battery voltage warning / warning lights.

so I have a 2007 NAH and I'm getting a P0AFA code. My high voltage battery meter is also at 0. I removed the hybrid battery in the rear of the vehicle and tested all modules and they all look great. Could this potentially be an inverter or another issue?

Last edited by Flatty Foal; 07-07-2020 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Low battery voltage warning / warning lights.

"tested all modules" - how? This can't be generally be done without complete disassembly of the pack.

Likely:
1) a failing sensing wire due to corrosion. Look at each of the 18 harness sensor wires where they attach to the modules with a magnifying glass. Look for excessive corrosion or broken wires.
2) corrosion at the harness connector to the battery computer
3) the battery computer.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:22 PM
Enthusiast

I disassembled the battery pack and used a voltmeter to test modules. I also checked for corrosion and it wasn't at all excessive. I cleaned corrosion as best I could with good results but I didn't check wires for damage but just glancing over it i guess I didn't notice anything major. Is the battery computer the component that sits on top of the hybrid battery next to the cooling fan?

Old 07-07-2020, 04:35 PM

When you check your tire pressure, do you say you "tested your tires?" Checking voltage doesn't qualify as "testing". "Testing" means you check to see if the module meets its rated specifications which are at a minimum, capacity, internal resistance and charge retention. Checking voltage means nothing more than seeing if the module holds voltage. You don't judge a 12V battery based solely on its voltage. At a minimum, you run a load test or use a digital tester that measures internal resistance.

The battery computer is underneath the black relay where the main leads from the vehicle connect to the battery. You should be able to trace the long orange harness cable to where it goes down behind/underneath that relay. Carefully inspect the plug and the pins of the computer. You may need to replace one or both.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:11 PM
Enthusiast

I'll definitely take a look at that. Thanks for the info! I'll try to use the correct terminology next time lol

Old 07-07-2020, 05:34 PM

If your area has moderate to high humidity or is a coastal area, corrosion can be a significant issue.