Hybrid Battery Life/Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2022, 12:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Battery Life/Replacement

Recently purchased a 2010 Nissan 2.5 Altima hybrid.The car needed a flex pipe an a oxygen sensor so far. I purchased for a really good price an out has 160k miles on it.Drivrs amazing on highway an handles fantastic. Great pickup an I must say I'm impressed with the car. I bought it so reasonably I was just going to flip it with the worry on these hybrid cell batteries. Honestly think in their haste to put out a hybrid in these early years they don't really know how long they can last. I have heard steady driving is best for them as with anything battery sitting is bad/no usage.I think they could go on for life if car perhaps if driven almost daily an not tampered with as alot places wanna touch them an check them. I don't trust dealers anyway don't need with it if it isn't broken I say.Great car an I'll keep updating asci for my own work.

Old 07-08-2023, 10:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Battery Life/Replacement

275k, hybrid battery rebuilt twice, replacing bad cells, no other issues. I bought this at 170k because it was 5k and like new. Five years and now over 100k later I've had no issues. Replaced the brakes for the first time last week. Still getting 40mpg in stop and go highway traffic, drops to 30mpg at 80-85mph. I'd get another.