Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Hybridfest 2006 Powers Up in Madison

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Hybridfest 2006 Powers Up in Madison

"One small step on the accelerator, one giant step for mankind," a voice says of a display at Hybridfest 2006.
"I think the car for the future today, right now, is the hybrid. It's available," organizer Bill Robbins says.
Hybridfest 2006 offers drivers a glimpse of what's available.
http://nbc15.madison.com/home/headlines/3405131.html

(Click on the title on story's page to view video)

For those of you who couldn't attend, it all went off smoothly and most people seemed to have a good time with fellow hybrid owners and enthusiasts. Although I didn't have much free time during the event, I did enjoy seeing the reconstructed EV-1, as well as UW Madison's other cars shown in the footage taken this afternoon. The fuel economy competition also went along extraordinarily, "off the charts" you might say as several Prius came back with displays pegged at 99.9 mpg, as well as one Insight with its FCD maxxed out at 150.0 mpg...wonder which ex-Insight hypermiler that could have been?

Old 07-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Default Re: Hybridfest 2006 Powers Up in Madison

Justin, as one person that went to hybridfest I can say that I had a GREAT time!

I'm still in the hotel room in Madison and we plan to go to the fair later today. That was a great stroke of luck that you were right next to the fair.

You know, after someone pulled a 121 in the insight I was a naysayer that he could beat it. Then with the wind and rain I though for sure there was no way. When I heard "he" hit 150 I was like naw.. Thats a joke you guys are kidding. I will never doubt him again!