Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New to group, HCH-II in Toronto,ON,Canada

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New to group, HCH-II in Toronto,ON,Canada

Yes , I used to think like that, and one day I ended up on the other side of the snow bank, so I started buying snow tires. That could have been because of age slowing me down however, I'm not sure? Anyway drive carefull with those all season skins. H

Old 03-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Just a quick append to say that my table on spritmonitor.de (click my signature) now includes costs and expenses. The only problem is that it converts to Euros. Hover over the costs to see the Canadian dollar values.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:20 AM
Cool Re: New to group, HCH-II in Toronto,ON,Canada

Finally, the pictures, including my former smart fortwo cdi, and the replacement -- HCH-II:

A few cosmetic mods differentiate this from a stock smart fortwo cdi pure:

I had a custom leather seat job done on it:

A regular Honda Civic Hybrid (2007) in sparkle grey pearl, completely stock:

Old 03-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spinner
I'm going to use the all-seasons throughout the year because my circumstances allow for it: Not living in a snow belt region; Rarely travel any substantial distance with my own car; Toronto is 3 degrees Celcius warmer than its surrounding region, often negating precipitation; A high percentage of the season the driving surfaces are bare; I don't have storage for a second set of wheel-mounted tires; And, alternate transportation is available for the worst storms.
Now that we've (hopefully) gotten through this winter, how do you feel about your decision to go with the all-seasons?

Old 04-02-2008, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by rmorrow
Now that we've (hopefully) gotten through this winter, how do you feel about your decision to go with the all-seasons?
I was right on the money with what I said earlier, despite Toronto receiving near record-breaking snowfall this year. It's not a matter of pride or bravado for me. "Driving according to the conditions" did mean leaving the car home on a couple of occasions. I climbed slippery grades by feathering the accelerator and I suspect that the CVT is helpful in these situations.