Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New '05 HCH owner as of yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 07:51 PM
Penance
Default Re: New '05 HCH owner as of yesterday!

Just got an '05 HCH today. I'd been wanting a hybrid for a while, didnt like the way the prius felt, the accord hybrid was like a land-mammoth, but the HCH was perfect Fit my 6'6" 250lb butt in there comfortably. Love driving the lil thing, if i ever figure out the whole TripA TripB and 0-120 Bar at the bottom..Harrumph.

Old Car was a 96 GMC Yukon :-/ 15 mpg on a good day.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congrads on your new purchase!
Trip buttons:
Push and hold the trip button on the dash to reset the average MPG and ODO for that trip.
A brief push cycles through the two trip meters then the main ODO.
Trip A and trip B work independantly. Personally, I reset trip A before starting the engine for a single trip (Trip average), and I reset trip B after filling with fuel (Tank average).

Average MPG will quickly increment with large jumps in the first mile or so, then gradually slow down with smaller steps as you get down the road.

Keep the bar on the bottom stretched out to the Left as much as possible while driving.

Yukon to a HCH?
Wow, you're gonna save some money.

Old 07-30-2005, 12:09 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

Originally Posted by xloptuny
Old Car was a 96 GMC Yukon :-/ 15 mpg on a good day.
Hey, you're like me!!! When I got my HCH over 2 years ago I traded in a '94 K-Blazer. I got 15 on a good day going downhill. I have to say the truck was good for "curbjumpin" when there was a line of cars. I always thought people should just get off the sidewalk if they didn't like the way I drove. (that was a joke, I know some people lack a sense of humor)

Enjoy the car, I love mine.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
I would imagine that "Some" call you Tim and do you really summon fire without flint or tinder?
Absolutely!

Speaking of which, my 9-year old daughter came into our room recently carying her guinea pig (named Kenny). She just walked in, looked up at me, raised the guinea pig in her arms and said, "Dad - Kenny has sharp, gnashing, pointy teeth!".

I couldn't have been more proud.

Old 07-31-2005, 01:15 AM
Penance

I'm loving this thing. Was getting 44mpg before I had to transport both my parents who constantly complained about "Sauna-like-conditions" with econ mode. Harrumph. 42mpg now. Still getting the hang of how to drive this thing well. Cant wait to get a boost in mileage when it breaks in.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Congrats on your choice of a HCH xloptuny. Did you get a manual or CVT?

I haven't reset my trip B since I bought the car so that I can get my life time average without doing the math. Just give the button a quick push to trip B and bingo there it is.

Good job on your MPH thus far. I got in the low 40's on my first tank and now I'm in the upper 40's. A/C plays a big factor and prevents me from breaking into the 50's.

I'll get there soon enough...

As for the cap, mine is where it should be.

Happy trails

Last edited by RIHCH; 08-04-2005 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tcoop25
I just picked up a '05 HCH in Silver Blue Opal or whatever yesterday and am enjoying every minute while driving it. I used to be a horsepower guy, but got sick of stopping at the gas station twice a week. The ride is very smooth, and quiet, and relaxing. The only problem, and it couldn't be more minor, is that while reading the owners manual, I think there is supposed to be a little cap over the shift lock, is that right? It is just a hole, and nothing covering it. The owners manual gave directions how to remove the cap. Anyhow, can't wait to break the car in and start getting my lifetime MPG up!

tcoop25
I do dealer transfers for Honda and on occasion find the little plug to be in the glove box/console/storage tray/elsewhere or in the envelope with the owners manuals. You need to look for it and if it is not there, then go back to the dealer and have them get one for you on their tab as it is part of the package.

Old 07-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Penance

Originally Posted by RIHCH
Congrats on your choice of a HCH xloptuny. Did you get a manual or CVT?
I got the CVT, I've never driven a manual :-/ hehe. I think i'll do the whole lifetime mileage with the tripB, thats a good idea Thanks!