Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

I drive a guzzler

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 06:11 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: I drive a guzzler

I've done 900 miles one way - one day in my Insight and lived to tell about it (I'm 34 so I'm not a young kid without back issues, passenger was 38 and does have back problems but no complaints from teh trip). We did have it loaded down and stopped about every 200 miles for a bathroom break/spinal straightening. I like the HCH better for long trips.

IMO, since you have a Lightning I KNOW you'll be happier with the Insight. It gets that head twists from passersby that you're used to in the Lightning (at least the people that know cool cars). Always a cool conversation piece though you'll want to update it with a few comfort items. ( See this THREAD )

Depends if you need more than 2 seats too. Honestly though, for a true "car guy" the HCH, Prius etc is a little bland. I know some/many will disagree, but that's just my opinion since there are sooo many of them on the road they are common ---- common = bland.

Old 02-14-2006, 06:50 PM
my other car is a FJORD

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
There is nothing wrong with keeping a truck to use it as a workhorse as it was intended...
that's what we do. hubby has a new chevy 4x4 and it barely has 5000 miles on it. it's beautiful and shiny, and we use it for our farm truck, hauling feed and hay, and my once a year event where i pull the horse trailer. other than that, we use the civics. he sold the lightening when he bought the chevy. for a truck, it's geared to get fairly decent mileage, but i never drive it unless i need it. i'd rather have the good fuel economy.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:36 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rigger
I've done 900 miles one way - one day in my Insight and lived to tell about it (I'm 34 so I'm not a young kid without back issues, passenger was 38 and does have back problems but no complaints from teh trip). We did have it loaded down and stopped about every 200 miles for a bathroom break/spinal straightening. I like the HCH better for long trips.

IMO, since you have a Lightning I KNOW you'll be happier with the Insight. It gets that head twists from passersby that you're used to in the Lightning (at least the people that know cool cars). Always a cool conversation piece though you'll want to update it with a few comfort items. ( See this THREAD )

Depends if you need more than 2 seats too. Honestly though, for a true "car guy" the HCH, Prius etc is a little bland. I know some/many will disagree, but that's just my opinion since there are sooo many of them on the road they are common ---- common = bland.
rotflamo, spoken like a true hond-ian , The prius is common= Bland because there are sooo many of them on the road.... I wish that where true with all the waiting lists at toyota, that you don't have at the honda dealerships... (just my 2 cents)..

I own a toyota tundra I love it dbl cab with 2 suicide doors they call it life sized lol, it gets 22 mpg on the hwy . its an 04' w/19,000 mi on it..

Yes I only drive it on sat. Also being a truck owner/driver I did not find Deltas truck posts offencive I looked at them on the funny side. (again my 2 cents)..

Last edited by PriusGuy04; 02-16-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Enthusiast

If I have a truck all I need is a car to get me where I'm going.

If my truck was paid off, I found a car I might buy.

I found a 2000 insight with a bad batterie pack for 6k.

If I use the car mainly for long road trips it wont matter too much to me.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Sounds like a plan, keep the truck and get a cheap Insight.

The Insight will be sluggish without IMA, but it will still hypermile. I drive everyday and rarely use assist.

My only concern with the used Insight would be if the weak 144 volt battery pack could maintain the 12 volt system, for the long term.

Regards,

Old 02-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Enthusiast

Hopefuly I will know more about that by the time I get it.