Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Howdy from SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Convert
Default Howdy from SoCal

I've had my hybrid for a little over a month now, but am new posting to GreenHybrid.

I'll admit, I was lurking for a while before coming out of my shell.

I gotta say though, this is one of the best hybrid sites I've come across. Lots of helpful information and everyone seems to be just as friendly! Wish I knew about it before I made the purchase. Kudos to y'all prospective hybrid owners!

Old 06-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Howdy from SoCal

Welcome to GreenHybrid! I grew up in SoCal but have been a Texan ever since (came here with my family when work brought them out here.)

GreenHybrid's a terrific site and you'll soon find yourself prowling even more threads now that you've delurked.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Convert

Hi Shannon!

Well I say: once a SoCal-er, always a SoCal-er. I think you'll find your way back eventually.

I grew up here, but moved to the Bay Area for college. First job had me in Seattle but then after 9/11, I had to find work elsewhere. So I took a leap of faith and headed southeast to the great lonestar state.

I was in Fort Worth for a year until I was able to secure a job back in Cali. But truth be told, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Texas. Lots of open space (much less traffic) and then there's the whole southern hospitality thing. Made many friends there, so I try and visit as often as I can.

Didn't stay long enough to catch the accent, but I now prefer unsweetened iced tea as my choice of drink. I enjoyed the riverwalk when I visited!

Old 06-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome and enjoy your new car!

Old 06-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by acinerba
Well I say: once a SoCal-er, always a SoCal-er. I think you'll find your way back eventually.
{grin} Does it count that two of my friends just moved to California? One is a 'repatriated' Californian and once is a first-timer. Sadly, I haven't been back since my family moved to Texas, meaning well over 25 years. A lot has changed! My folks went back about 5 years ago for a reunion and wedding, but my work schedule kept me from joining them.

Originally Posted by acinerba
I was in Fort Worth for a year until I was able to secure a job back in Cali. But truth be told, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Texas. Lots of open space (much less traffic) and then there's the whole southern hospitality thing. Made many friends there, so I try and visit as often as I can.

Didn't stay long enough to catch the accent, but I now prefer unsweetened iced tea as my choice of drink. I enjoyed the riverwalk when I visited!
Glad to hear you've been to the Lone Star State and enjoyed it, and doubly thrilled to hear San Antonio's Riverwalk earned a pleasant spot in your memory. All my years in Texas have been spent in San Antonio, and it's definitely home, although that's in large part due to having all of our (husband's and my own) immediate family here or "nearby" (Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, etc.)

I agree that there are some notable similarities between Southern Californians and Texans. It was a fairly easy "assimilation" when we moved here, and as a kid I was a little bummed out that Texas *wasn't* all cowboys, oil wells and wide open plains.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Convert

Originally Posted by clyde2575
Welcome and enjoy your new car!
Thanks for the warm welcome, Jessica! I enjoy the car more and more the longer I drive it...