Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hi Folks

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast

Hello Folks-

I finally got around to drifting over from InsightCentral. Some of you might have known me as dan over there, but I’ll be more exotic over here. I’m lookin foreword to chatting/agreeing/disagreeing with all of you.

Thanks, Terrapin

Old 08-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Site Founder

Welcome to GreenHybrid! Make yourself right at home. I look forwared to the experiences you'll bring on over.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Dan (Oops I mean Terrapin
Nice to have you in the community

Old 08-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Dan:

___Welcome of course … InsightCentral is a great Insight web site for all the technical details and mods for our little beauties but the feel is a bit different then over here. What you will find at GreenHybrid is a much larger cross section of hybrid and non-hybrid owners alike given the many active HCH and Prius I and II as well as a few Echo and Corolla owners. If you read through the Mileage and Economy forum in particular, you will find a much more active discussion in regards to techniques and setups. The General forum is sometimes quite active with various future vehicles and other transportation systems. I hope you enjoy the reads as much as I have over these past few months

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 08-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Contributor ($)

Terrapin,
Good to have another Insight owner over here. I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts and sharing experiences. And of course I look forward to any tankfuls you can contribute in the RealMileage database!

Old 08-24-2004, 07:16 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Folks-

Wow. What a welcome! Thanks everyone.

One thing I learned over at InsightCentral was that to every forum there is a purpose. (Among) the mistakes I have made back there was to trying to bring more politics into a forum than was appropriate. In order to avoid chewing my political tongue out with every post I went out and found a political forum I liked where I bore them all with “end of cheap energy” and “rapid climate change” posts (among other thoughts). Sometimes I have referred interested folks here and to InsightCentral, and I feel a need to be more discreet with my personal info; hence the name change etc. Don’t worry, this new arrangement is working out pretty well (I have not had one of my threads locked back at IC in quite a while now). I’m here for the technology.

I’ll post my mileage pretty soon. It might make some of you Prius and HCH fans breathe a little easier as I do not drive as patiently as xcel or Rick Reese, and my wife does not drive as patiently as I do. Our Insight is also used around town a lot, and our city is not very conducive to good mileage.

Old 08-24-2004, 07:20 PM
Site Founder

If you like controversy, you'll love my upcoming site. I decided to develop a second hobby site. This one will be much more heated and political. Note that the email signup form does NOT work yet. I haven't begun development yet

http://www.worldcontroversy.com/

Old 08-25-2004, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Jason. I’ll check out your new site when you get it up and running.

Old 08-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Enthusiast

hehe, controversy forums are always fun...
I'll be sure to check that out!