Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello Mercedes-benz c240 Conversion!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Hello Mercedes-benz c240 Conversion!

Hi, I was going to purchase an EV before the pandemic, but with inflation and price gouging, the used car prices are astronomical. So I just purchased a 2004 Mercedes-benz C240 for a steal to convert to EV. I have the Electric Vehicle Conversion Handbook, but want some more tips for the parts I should look for since the book is a tad dated. parts I should look for since the book is a tad dated. I really want to focus on range (~150V +) and I want regenerative braking so probably AC. I was going to try to get an electric BMW for a donor for it instead of buying all the individual parts. I was also looking at the MACH E electric engine but would that even fit in my vehicle? And Tesla seems to make the best batteries although I would like to avoid using Tesla parts, I would if it’ll make my conversion smoother. Any help will do! Also will be needing a mechanic to do the conversion in NY area, Philly or NC

Old 11-05-2022, 03:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello Mercedes-benz c240 Conversion!

Welcome

Last edited by danielmartinali; 11-05-2022 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-21-2023, 02:38 AM
cmn
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello Mercedes-benz c240 Conversion!

vHappy to be here, looking forward to reading up and learning more from forum all! I hope you are too.