Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello! I just bought an Insight!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello! I just bought an Insight!

Welcome, always good to have more Insight drivers here. Be sure to put your car in the database. 5 Speed Insights outnumber CVTs by more than 3 to 1 right now. Enjoy the gas savings and all the looks and inquiries you're sure to get.

Old 11-19-2005, 04:05 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Enjoy the car, just be prepared to draw attention wherever it goes. You'll get more attention in the Insight than if you were driving naked in a Ferrari.

What you'll really enjoy is when it starts warming up again and you get to see just what excellent mileage your little car can get.

Have fun!

Old 11-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Enthusiast

Well, I've had it for a week and several people have already asked about the gas mileage. It's been getting around 54.7. I keep trying to get it up to 55 or over but it just doesn't seem to get there yet. It has been a little cold here though and I've had the heat on so the engine hasn't been shutting off when I stop. It's really fun to drive. I thought that I would be worried about how small it is, but when I'm driving I forget it's size. Just got gas today and put in a little over 8 gallons. My other vehicle was (is) a Dodge Durango with 15 miles to the gallon.

The Insight is quite a change and my driveway seems like a contradiction with the Gas guzzler and the little hybrid. The Durango is becoming a driveway ornament and will probably only be used when I have a bunch of family to transport around. ... Am loving the Insight.

Old 11-19-2005, 08:11 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Hello! I just bought an Insight!

Originally Posted by Sue in Seattle
Well, I've had it for a week and several people have already asked about the gas mileage. It's been getting around 54.7. I keep trying to get it up to 55 or over but it just doesn't seem to get there yet. It has been a little cold here though and I've had the heat on so the engine hasn't been shutting off when I stop. It's really fun to drive. I thought that I would be worried about how small it is, but when I'm driving I forget it's size. Just got gas today and put in a little over 8 gallons. My other vehicle was (is) a Dodge Durango with 15 miles to the gallon.

The Insight is quite a change and my driveway seems like a contradiction with the Gas guzzler and the little hybrid. The Durango is becoming a driveway ornament and will probably only be used when I have a bunch of family to transport around. ... Am loving the Insight.
Hi Sue; I test drove a couple of Insights and really liked them. I am glad you are enjoying yours so much and compared to 15 MPG on the other vehicle I would have to say 54.7 MPG is like (WOW). Enjoy

Terry

Old 11-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sue in Seattle
Well, I've had it for a week and several people have already asked about the gas mileage. It's been getting around 54.7. I keep trying to get it up to 55 or over but it just doesn't seem to get there yet. It has been a little cold here though and I've had the heat on so the engine hasn't been shutting off when I stop. It's really fun to drive.
54.7 is pretty good for a rookie hybrid driver during the cold months. I've found the weather to be the biggest factor in mileage, living in the cold half the year it's hard to keep the LMPG up there. Lately I've been getting about 55-60, but that's in a 5 speed. Next spring, once you've got your technique down and it warms up again, you'll be surprised at how high your FE can get. (the higher it gets, the more obsessive it can be)