Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from Hot Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Need a Plug
Default Hello from Hot Arizona

Been here for 20 years and love it. 4 months hell, 2 months OK, 6 months of Heaven.

Had to import my Nisan Altima Hybrid from California, I think the shock of the hot weather was a bit much for the poor thing. Hopefully it is breaking in and recovering. I love this 3rd Generation Altima but the "Bleeding Edge" of the not yet perfected Hybrid technology leaves a bit to be desired IMO.

The next 3 - 5 years should see some wonderfull changes and true 80 to 100 mpg cars. Then we can trully tell the Oil Barrons to "bug off!"

As a old Guy (72) it is still fun to be fooling around with cars, Just sold a dream car the VW Phaeton only 2900 imported to NAR. Did lots of Air Bag inventing back in 68 and did Pyrotechnics for NASA in the hey days of Mercury/Gemini/Apollo

Well that's my hello and greeting to all. Sure seems like a very likeable group.
Go Hybrid's Go!

Last edited by GripperDon; 07-14-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Hello from Hot Arizona

Welcome to the club!
Originally Posted by GripperDon
Been here for 20 years and love it. 4 months hell, 2 months OK, 6 months of Heaven.

Had to import my Nisan Altima Hybrid from California, I think the shock of the hot weather was a bit much for the poor thing. Hopefully it is breaking in and recovering. I love this 3rd Generation Altima but the "Bleeding Edge" of the not yet perfected Hybrid technology leaves a bit to be desired IMO.

The next 3 - 5 years should see some wonderfull changes and true 80 to 100 mpg cars. Then we can trully tell the Oil Barrons to "bug off!"

As a old Guy (72) it is still fun to be fooling around with cars, Just sold a dream car the VW Phaeton only 2900 imported to NAR. Did lots of Air Bag inventing back in 68 and did Pyrotechnics for NASA in the hey days of Mercury/Gemini/Apollo

Well that's my hello and greeting to all. Sure seems like a very likeable group.
Go Hybrid's Go!
We're a pretty helpful group who lives in fear of our all-powerful moderators. Seriously, you'll find the signal-to-noise ratio pretty high here.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 07-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello from Hot Arizona

I'm sort of your neighbor here (over in NM). Gotta say i love it (I think i'd assess it this way-- 2-3 months of hell, 2 months I could do without but are not too bad, and the rest is wonderful-- but then we have a tad different climate than you do.

Yes, very nice bunch here. Not like other forums which I won't name. (The internet is a big place though.)

--des

Originally Posted by GripperDon

Go Hybrid's Go!