Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 04:53 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Hello from Dallas

Hello to all. I am the proud owner of a new Honda Civic Hybrid (CVT), which I bought from Honda Cars of McKinney on 8 April. I traded in my '03 Civic LX with 13,500 miles for an Opal Silver Blue Matallic hybrid, and do not regret my decision. My wife calls the car my "toy", but I replied that at least I can drive my bass boat to work.

When I went up for a test drive in late March, the dealer had several hybrids on display; and this was true a week later when I actually bought mine. Luckily the day before I went to buy they had received two Opal Blue CVTs from two other dealers, so I did not have to wait for the color I wanted. Two weeks later when I went back to pick up my plates they had none left on the lot, and my salesman told me that he was having an Opal Silver Blue driven in from Kansas for another customer. I went at just the right time, apparently.

I am still trying to learn how to watch the road, the IMA display, and the current mileage indicator all at the same time, but it seems to be getting easier with each trip to work. I don't know if I'll ever get the mileage some folks indicate, but right now I am happy with my 44 mpg. I keep looking while on the road, but have seen no other hybrids on my route to work.

Happy Trails to all.

Old 05-07-2005, 05:53 AM
Contributor ($)
Default Re: Hello from Dallas

jimbob,
I like the opal blue metallic because, for some reason, it's easier for me to spot that other HCH colors. Enjoy your new ride!

Old 05-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

James,
Congrads on you new car, I'm sure you're enjoying it very much.
I'm glad you're in interested in driving for efficiency and 44 is a great start.

I've been driving this way for 17 months now and pretty used to the new style.
I also drive the Grand Caravan for efficiency and I've shed my wasteful habits of old.

Welcome to the community!

Old 05-07-2005, 09:39 AM
Site Founder

Okay, wiseguy. Is it Dallas or Wylie? Something's fishy...

Welcome to GreenHybrid

Old 05-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Enthusiast

Jason,

After years of saying "Wylie", we would be asked "Where is that?". When we answered "15 miles east of Plano" we were asked "where is Plano?". Finally, we started telling folks we were from Dallas, and that stopped all the other questions.

JImbob

Old 05-07-2005, 01:40 PM

Dallas, huh.

Where's that ?

Welcome !

I live in West Texas, AKA New Mexico

Old 05-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Contributor ($)

Dallas is ...well...near uhhhh...Wylie, Texas!!!

Old 05-07-2005, 03:17 PM

Ahh, I see.

Maybe you could help me out. Where the H3LL is Wisconsin ?!?? I put the name into Nav lady, and came up blank.

Old 05-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey, Jimbo. Were you on the Albany Hwy today, just down from the new SuperCenter being built? I live in Albany and saw, what is a very rare in our area, new Civic Hybrid. Just curious. Congratulations!

Old 05-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Whoa! Never mind. There's a Wylie right next to Abilene, too. Didn't know there were two! Bet that wasn't you, huh?

Quick Reply: Hello from Dallas

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands