Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Four days old

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Four days old

Thought I'd pop in and say hi! Although I've been a member of this site for about a month now, I just took delivery of my Titanium Camry Hybrid (B package) on Tuesday. I ordered it with Nav, Security System, and Block Heater, but the Security and Nav were back ordered, so I'm still waiting on those. In the meantime, I've gone and had the Diamond Gloss clear coat put on, as well as the Clear Shield paint protection film, both from Ziebart.

Which leads me to a question: anyone here local to Ottawa? Actually two questions: of those, anyone done this with Ziebart? I'm asking because now that I've had a chance to look at the Clear Shield, I'm not impressed with the installation - it looks poorly cut around the grill, and there's one place that they obviously screwed up and had to patch. Now from a distance, it looks like there's a big scratch. Wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Four days old

Welcome to the club!

Originally Posted by rmorrow
Thought I'd pop in and say hi! Although I've been a member of this site for about a month now, I just took delivery of my Titanium Camry Hybrid (B package) on Tuesday. I ordered it with Nav, Security System, and Block Heater, but the Security and Nav were back ordered, so I'm still waiting on those. In the meantime, I've gone and had the Diamond Gloss clear coat put on, as well as the Clear Shield paint protection film, both from Ziebart.

Which leads me to a question: anyone here local to Ottawa? Actually two questions: of those, anyone done this with Ziebart? I'm asking because now that I've had a chance to look at the Clear Shield, I'm not impressed with the installation - it looks poorly cut around the grill, and there's one place that they obviously screwed up and had to patch. Now from a distance, it looks like there's a big scratch. Wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.
The body work sounds like a bummer and something to work out with the dealer. However, you've got a good start, especially with the block heater. You're in for a treat.

Bob Wilson

Old 06-20-2007, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Welcome to the club!

The body work sounds like a bummer and something to work out with the dealer. However, you've got a good start, especially with the block heater. You're in for a treat.

Bob Wilson
Thanks. I should clarify - there is no scratch. It just looks like one because of the gap in the ClearShield paint protection film that I had applied. I went back to Ziebart, and they're going to fix that on Monday. So after that, I'll be a happy camper. I'll be an ecstatic one when the dealer get the Nav system in stock.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:39 PM

Good luck on the new hybrid- that's great! Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy it here. I don't know off the top of my head who might be from Ottawa, but maybe we'll be able to start a Canadian group here on GH soon- there do seem to be more and more hybrids up in Canada lately. I wonder why that is- are there tax incentives or something?

Old 06-27-2007, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
Good luck on the new hybrid- that's great! Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy it here. I don't know off the top of my head who might be from Ottawa, but maybe we'll be able to start a Canadian group here on GH soon- there do seem to be more and more hybrids up in Canada lately. I wonder why that is- are there tax incentives or something?
I'm sure that's part of it. The province of Ontario has been offering a tax rebate of $2000 on gas-electric hybrids for some time now, and the federal government just announced a rebate program in March that adds another $1500 (based on fuel economy rating, hybrid or not). So, I'll be happy to see that $3500 come back to me.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by rmorrow
...federal government just announced a rebate program in March that adds another $1500 (based on fuel economy rating, hybrid or not).
THAT concept - I really like.