Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

2004 Civic Hybrid Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2004 Civic Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by toast64
Jessica,
One thing, did you get a tax credit for the '04? There's a thread on the forum somewhere that's talking about having to give part of it back if you don't keep the car 3 years....
From what I have found about giving it back is if you are aware that the car it will not be used
in the same manner you have to retuurn some of the credit. I am probably selling it to my mom and if not I am trading it in and I cannot understand how it could be used differently but I will definately have to look into that.

I am pretty stuck on a HCH for a few reasons: 1) I LOVE my Honda, 2) and this may be a falicy but I have heard that the HCH is better for freeway driving and the Prius is better for city street driving and I drive 46 miles a day on the freeway and 4 on the city streets, 3) the Insight is just too small for my taste (especially after being hit by a Ford F250), and 4) no offence to anyone, but I really dislike the look of the Prius, I am actually having a hard time getting used to the look of the new HCH but I think that I could get used to it in time. I really do prefer the traditional looking cars (remember the boxy Volvo, boy, do I miss that look ).

Old 04-02-2006, 07:48 PM

Okay, those are good reasons in my book! (not that my book counts here!) I really understand your desire to dump the car after being rear ended. I could relate some stories about hidden damage....

Old 04-02-2006, 07:59 PM

Okay, those are good reasons in my book! (not that my book counts here!)
I appreciate all thee input that I can get so your book does count here.

I could relate some stories about hidden damage....
That is what I am scared of. I had the car repaired by a Honda owned shop but I am nervous that things got "shaken up" and maybe no one knew what to look for or did not see something.

One note for anyone who has to get body work done on their Hybrid...make sure that the repair shop takes it to the dealer to disassemble the hybrid system while they are working on it. I found out that if they do not, they can do serious damage to your battery system that will not be covered under warranty as it was misuse or some other ** on the warranty. The welding can hurt this battery the same as your regular engine battery.

Last edited by clyde2575; 04-02-2006 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-03-2006, 05:22 PM

Thanks for the tip. I hope none of us ever have to use it!

When you get the HCH II, please write a thread and let us know how you compare the two.